neoakira70 Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 hey there, is there any uk anime fans here, most of the people are americans and have a better selection of anime available :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
Sephiroth Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 well now I wouldn't quite say that, I'm from the UK and have over 250 anime titles on VHS, and over 20 on DVD, not to mention I have many doujinshi's....
Elfin_Girl Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 I live in the UK and anime isn't very availiable here... *sniff* Sephiroth-sama, where the frik do you get your anime from!? You say you have so much! It's not fair! *pushes Sephiroth playfully*
Dan L Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]well now I wouldn't quite say that, I'm from the UK and have over 250 anime titles on VHS, and over 20 on DVD, not to mention I have many doujinshi's.... [/B][/QUOTE] Where! WHERE! Where do you get all those?.. we have a store called Another World over here in Stoke, but it's not that good- The selection in HMV is better, only the HMV in stoke doesn't stock anime either.. I just got round to buying some of the NGE tapes. Another World have about 2 in every week, but you can never be sure which ones..
Guest Voodookanaka Posted May 4, 2002 Posted May 4, 2002 the main bulk of my collection comes fom those taped on saturday night sci-fi....speaking of which perfect blue is on at 02:20 tonight...no wait tomorrow..well 02.20 am.
The Darkness Bu Posted May 4, 2002 Posted May 4, 2002 I'm from England Evangelion DBZ Gundam Bandits my fav Anime
Dan L Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 Well, Another world can have it's occasional good moments... the other day it had Macross Plus the movie in, so I bought it... only when I got home did I realise that it was subtitled, and was very pleased indeed :)
Sephiroth Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 to answer your questions my friends, I have been an avid anime fan for years, though I only started buying anime about 6 years ago, where do I get my anime? well.... forbidden planet and nostalgia sell many anime, sometimes they have those oh so special subtitled titled I've been waiting for, I also get my models from there, why just the other day I bought my eva unit 04 model from there.... also, I buy anime online, doujinshi's, tapes, dvd's, anything really, just a few days ago I received my mobile suit gundam wallscroll, which is now hanging nicely on my wall in my room....
Red Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 [B]Hey Seph and Deus.. Did you guys go to the Forbidden Planet and Another World in London? I have been to both stores and they do a number of anime titles such as bubblegum crisis and sailor moon, but I have been unable to find any movies, such as Street Fighter etc. Any other Forbidden Planet stores or Another World stores that do the DVDs/VHS?[/B]
Dan L Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 An another world in london? Is it [url=http://www.anotherworld.co.uk]this another world[/url]... cos I thought there were only 5 stores, and they're all around the milands.... you won't find any anime on the site though, except for the odd DVD.... most anime videos just tend to be in store... there isn't really a great selection in the another world here (Stoke on Trent) just a few videos, and each week they get a few more.. what they do get seems to be pretty random...
Sephiroth Posted May 13, 2002 Posted May 13, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i] [B][B]Hey Seph and Deus.. Did you guys go to the Forbidden Planet and Another World in London? I have been to both stores and they do a number of anime titles such as bubblegum crisis and sailor moon, but I have been unable to find any movies, such as Street Fighter etc. Any other Forbidden Planet stores or Another World stores that do the DVDs/VHS?[/B] [/B][/QUOTE] there is a forbidden planet close to where I live in Birmingham....
Kaioshin Posted May 24, 2002 Posted May 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B] there is a forbidden planet close to where I live in Birmingham.... [/B][/QUOTE] My cousin goes to Uni in Birmingham, maybe I can get her to check out the store for me. There's no store anywhere near me. Though I know of a store in Chinatown, London, (near the Trafalgar square area) that has loads of Anime, Manga, Hentai etc.
Guest BMC Posted May 27, 2002 Posted May 27, 2002 im UK... and Anime is the shizzle!! :D we're lucky coz theres a few good comic stores round here
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now