Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What is your favorite Gundam theme or end song? In any seriouse, such as Just Communications for Gundam Wing, or Dreams for Gundam X...personally I really like White Reflection with the Romaji Lyrics, not the complete English!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]personally I really like White Reflection with the Romaji Lyrics, not the complete English! [/B][/QUOTE]

"Romaji" is a form of writing, one cannot speak "romaji" because they'd be speaking Japanese.

But to stay on topic, I'd have to say I like Duo Maxwell's song "Good Luck and Good Bye". Then again I really don't like Gundam music, or anime music for that matter, much.
Posted
Heck I listened to it thought it was kewl checked out a website to what the lyrics were and thats what it said over it...there is the american version and then there is the Romaji, well thats what it said, oh well.
Posted
Well, ok, here's a little lesson. Below are three examples: one of a Japanese phrase, one of the corresponding romaji, and one for the translation.

Japanese phrase:
?X?|[?c?·?é???ªo???È?¢B

The same thing in romaji:
SUPOOTSU suru koto ga dekinai.

The translation:
I cannot play sports.

Now do you see how one cannot speak romaji? Because romaji is just a method of writing Japanese so those unfamiliar with the language can read it.
Posted
[color=green]Most of the Gundam music I have heard is from Gundam Wing, but oddly enough my favorite Gundam song is from "The 8th MS Team" and it is called "Future Warriors."[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I haven't gotten to hear any except for the ones that are on GW, but I love "Just Communication". I downloaded it from Napster, back in the day. It's a pretty song. I think the lyrics are cool, too.[/color][/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
:freak: I would have to say my favorite song would be White Reflection, by Two Mix, strongly followed by 10 Years after, which was the closing theme of 8th MS Team!
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Shinigami_kun
Posted
White Reflection rules.. it's scary, I've listened to that song so many times.. I've memorized the lyrics.

..anyway.. White Reflection is the best by far.. but I also like Duo's Kitto OK! Theme.. Rhythm Emotion.. and the duet that Quatre and Trowa do on the violin and the flute is pretty. :D


..what's REALLY scary is Quatre's I'm Your Friend. *shudder*
Posted
Since Gundam has over 20 years of history, the music in Gundam can be seen as a scope of pop music history in the past 20 years. The first ever opening song for Mobile Suit Gundam, "Tobe! Gundam" has the 70s disco beat which is made in late 70s. Then, move on to the more pop/dance beat in Zeta and Double Zeta of the mid 80s. "Believe in the sign of Zeta" from Zeta and "Anime Ja nai" from ZZ are good examples. In late 80s, new wave becomes very popular. So, "Beyond the time" from CCA and "Eternal Wind" follow the trend. Now, Gundam is moving into the 90s, so as its music. In early 90s, rock becomes a hit. Therefore, we have "Winners" from 0083 and "Stand up to the Victory" from Victory Gundam as just some examples. Music from mid 90s has soften up from the rock, so as Gundam songs. "Just communication" from GW, "Dream" from GX and "Ten Years after" from 08th MS Team are all produced in that period. As for late 90s, the trend continues with "Turn A turn" from Turn A Gundam. It completes the Gundam history so far.

As for a favorite, it is very difficult to pick as there are different styles. They are just so different that it is hard to compare them directly.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Zero
Posted
White Reflection from Gundam Wing, Winner from 0083, and Mirai no Futari ni (The Future for Both of Us) from 08th MS Team. But my all time favorite is Mind Education.
Guest orinez
Posted
my favorite Gundam Wng songs are the English version of Just Communication, Kitto OK, Ore Dake No Kotoba De, It's So All Right!, Cry for the Dream and Good luck and Good Bye :naughty:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...