Walnut Posted May 22, 2002 Posted May 22, 2002 Okay on Yellow, I've finally got the item finder and its down right annyoing. I know how to select it and here it go bleep, bleep, bleep but when I keep on pressing the 'A' button in the area I'm in there is nothing there. How do you find items and pick them up???
G/S/B Master Posted May 23, 2002 Posted May 23, 2002 Well because you have to follow the bleep bleep bleep sound. For example: say its at the north diretion and it starting to make a noise. i move 1 step closer and repeat.Always repeat but stop when its at something you can't go through orit stop the sound. If stop then go back and get the item.If its the blocked road then press A
Fall Posted May 23, 2002 Posted May 23, 2002 Yeah, it gets pretty anooying at times.... though if it makes that bleeping sound, there's always an item around where you are. Just keep walking around and pressing 'A', but sometimes it can take hours just to find that item....
Desbreko Posted May 23, 2002 Posted May 23, 2002 [color=indigo]I wouldn't say hours... Probably the longest it took me to find an item once I knew it was there (by using the Itemfinder), was maybe about half an hour. And that was only one time, over by the exit to Mt. Moon. If you use the Itemfinder and it indicates there's an item nearby, just walk around the area pressing A. Take a step, press A, take another step, press A, and so on. Use the Itemfinder every few steps to make sure you aren't moving away from the item, also. (If it doesn't make the noise, then you know you've gone too far). Usually it won't take that long to find it. Some, though, seem harder than others, so just be patient.[/color]
Sveven Dvorking Posted May 27, 2002 Posted May 27, 2002 Thanks. I always chose not to use the itemfinder because it was so annoying. I have some patience, but a half hour? For some reason, I think that is a little too much.
Desbreko Posted May 28, 2002 Posted May 28, 2002 [color=indigo]Well, while I was actually playing though the game, I didn't use the Itemfinder much because I wanted to get on with the story. But after I beat the game, I went back and searched pretty much all of the overworld with it because I wanted to get everything.[/color]
Raichu Tamer Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 You really wanted to truely finish that game didnt you!
Desbreko Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=indigo]Yes, I did. I didn't have any other games that I hadn't already played to death, so I played Pokémon Yellow to death, LOL. And I just like doing everything and getting everything in all the games I play, anyway. I like to get the most out of my games, because I don't have the money for a bunch of them.[/color]
Desbreko Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=indigo]Kids that have rich parents, I guess... But this is getting off-topic... If you want to talk, you can always PM me, though.[/color]
Pastbyer Posted May 31, 2002 Posted May 31, 2002 [color=indigo]Here's a tip. In R/B/Y, if there is a tree or rock in the middle of a bit of flat land, there usually is a hidden item... most of the time.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now