OtakuBoards

Upcoming SquareSoft project

SiOn_BaRzAhD

oi,up until i quit SquareSoft in May 2002, i was working on a new project for the PS2.Square and Capcom had been collaborating to create Dino Crisis 4. They have 3 in Japan,and it will soon be available in the US. Dino Crisis 4 will include Regina and Dylan. Along with Paula and some new exciting characters. also,SquarePictures is beginning construction on a new,live action move for the game,Dino Crisis. Im not sure on the actors yet,but i will post them as soon as i find out..:D wait for it..:cool:

Guest ProudClod
I heard about Dino Crisis 3, and it is definately up there with the best. It would have been a lot cooler if the graphics were made like the gamecube resident evil, but doing so would put capcoms rep for originality right down the drain.

btw. DC4 isnt the gun survivor by any chance is it? I really hope not, after seeing the resident evil version I felt sick...:sick:

I don't think it's going to be a shooter...maybe a fast-paced action game is what Capcom is shooting for. There's nothing really wrong with high-res pre-rendered graphic backgrounds. But I don't think they're going to employ it in the other DC's...

As for Capcom's affiliation with Square...it should have been directed towards the game, not making movies...

Dino Crisis 3 is an Xbox-only title at this moment. Capcom is both producing and developing the game, so I don't see how Square and Capcom could have released it together or how you could have been working on a Dino Crisis game as a SquareSoft employee.

The closest thing to Dino Crisis on the Playstation 2 is Dino Stalker, which will, in fact, be a shooter that supports the Gun Con 2.

As far as SquarePictures producing movies is concerned, I'm pretty sure that they've canceled further ventures into the movie industry after Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, bombed. Thus, it doesn't make sense, as to why they would produce a movie based on one of Capcom's games.

I'm going to take this thread as total B.S. for now, and I'm going to close this topic. If there's some kind of a misunderstanding here, feel free to pm me.

The fact of the matter remains however, that Dino Crisis has become an Xbox franchise. Unless you're going to post about previous Dino Crisis games or [I]prove[/I] that there's a Dino Crisis 4 being developed for the PS2, there's no need to talk about it in this forum.

I think for the past few years, Square's been concentrating their focus in making "the action movie" or "the movie with a whole lot of action" with all the new hardware that's coming out. They're gonna have to rethink and focus on what they can do best...which is probably making great RPG's. It's too bad that there isn't any future Resident Evil or Dino Crisis titles that are coming out for the PS2, er...ones that are in the direct storyline. If Dino Crisis 4 were an RPG...that would be interesting.