OtakuBoards

Hoshigami

Amphion

Has anyone played this. It was released kind of late, a while after the PS2 came out so I think it has been overlooked by many. I was wondering about your thoughts on the game. I enjoyed playing it but I found it fell way short of FFT. It seemed like exactly the same thing just different story. I guess it proves that a story is what makes a game good.

I do not know much about the game but did they use the FFT engine or did they just make one like it?

[color=blue][size=1]Hoshigami: Blue Earth Rising or something? I've heard of it, but never played it. Exactly how similar is it to FFT (which I also think is great)?

If you really want a game as good (if not better) as FFT, try Tactics Ogre for the PSX. The same development team that worked on FFT worked on it (Quest), and they're extremely similar.[/size][/color]

I have seen Ogre Tacticts before but I have never played it. It looks good though.

Well, Hoshigami is pretty much the exact same thing if you ask me. The story is different, and theres a few changes in the magic system. You use magical coins instead of the normal magic in FFT. Even the map you traverse on looks just like the FFT map. You also have a srike bar that powers up, you hit x at a certain point to do a critical hit. But other then that it will be the same as playing FFT.

The story may bore you though.

This game isn't worthy to Final Fantasy Tactics at all. It isn't fair to put the game down solely for that one shortcoming, because in my opinion, Final Fantasy Tactics is the best strategy rpg on the console market.

However, little failures end up becoming huge annoyances. The biggest quirk is the fact that once a party member falls, he or she is gone for good. Factor into the formula the hindrance of recruiting all new help that start at level 1 and you've got yourself a strategy game that just doesn't stand up to already stiff competition.

True, becuase it is vary rare to see anything as good as a FF. But I was just disappointed with the whole thing. The thing you mentioned was a pain. There where several other things too. I dunno it just did not draw me in like FFT.