Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Game Arts is my 2nd favorite RPG company after Enix (third would be Atlus). I never owned a Sega CD, so I never played the original versions of Lunar and Lunar 2... But I did pick both of the special editions up on PSX.

I love the games. Sure, they aren't super impressive visually.. But they still look damn good, and the PSX versions have even more color than the original. I liked the character development, although I could do without most of the voiceovers (not that they are bad, but I prefer reading and making up my own voices lol). I think the best part is that they are so challenging early on. There are some really hard boss fights, and so many monsters at times that it's overwhelming. It's never so frustrating that I didn't just try again after dying though.

I prefer Lunar 2 over 1, but it seems not many agree with me.
Posted
I know what you mean by challenging. Climbing Althena's Tower in Lunar 1 took a lot outta me. It wasn't any easier fighting Ghaleon in the end, either. I think I barely got out of that battle.

I love the animation scenes the most. Lunar 1 had very little, very short scenes. But they were beautiful when they came. The same goes for Lunar 2. Like you I like Lunar 2 more than Lunar 1.

I wonder if Lunar Legends(a remake of Lunar 1) for GBA will come here?
Posted
Who knows about Legends... I honestly hope so. But it seems like every RPG I want on GBA never comes... Like Star Ocean on GBC. And who knows when Magical Vacation is coming out :(.
Posted
Lunar Legends is going to be a remake, but parts of the story is going to be changed. For example, you get Nash in the party near the beginning instead of a few hours away. Also, I hear it's going to be easier.
Posted
I don't mind most remakes on GBA, simply because it finally gives you the option to play games on the road. Lunar has never even been available on a Nintendo system up until this game, so it's not like most Nintendo only fans have played the entire series by now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...