Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi

I've been looking for the running times of all of the dragonball movies (mostly DBZ but DB is also useful)

Any info anyone can provide will be useful

Thanks
Posted
Well, they showed the first 3 DBZ movies on TV, but they don't have specific runnning times...they come on whenever Cartoon Network wants them on...they haven't showed any DB movies yet. You can always go out and rent/buy them if you don't feel like waiting for them to come out on TV.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Some of them have a decent running time. But then I know at least one of them is really short. Other than that, just go to your nearest store that sells them and check how long they are. :D
Posted
well I guess I should have made myself clearer I'm interested in the length of the original Japanese movies, I've aquired a couple of them but they seem to cut off abruptly and i want to know what the actuall lengths are.
Posted
[color=indigo]The original Japanese movie's lengths aren't going to differ all that much from the Englsh dub. FUNi isn't [i]that[/i] evil. I can give you a few:

[i]Dead Zone:[/i] approx. 45 minutes
[i]The World's Strongest:[/i] approx. 60 minutes
[i]The Tree of Might:[/i] approx. 60 minutes
[i]Lord Slug:[/i] approx. 62 minutes
[i]Cooler's Revenge:[/i] approx. 47 minutes

Hope that helps.[/color]
Posted
also i don't get cartoon network i Live in Canada but they did play the first 5 or so on YTV but i've decided i'll post exactly what info I have and maybe some people can fill in the blanks

Once again all of these are subs NOT dubs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DB Movie 4: 10th Anniversary Special: The Way to Become the Strongest

My runtime: 74 min (ends good has credits then a recap)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 5: The Best of Strongest versus Strongest

My runtime: 45 min(Ends abruptly)[ends with Gohan, klillin, Oolong and Ha-dragon surrounding an injured Gokuu. I'm fairly sure it cuts off in the wrong place]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 7: Utmost Limits of Battle!! The Three Super Saiyajin

My runtime: 49 min (ends good even has a crazy video of head-cha-la at the end)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 8: Burn Your Spirits to the Max!! Close Battle, Violent Battle, Super Bloody Battle

My runtime: 70 min (Ends good, no credits)[not sure about the length of this one it looks right though It ends with a pan of Chi-chi, Gokuu and Gohan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 9: The Galaxy is in Danger!! The Super Awesome Guy!

My runtime: 48 min (ends good wipes from a news paper with Mr.Satan on it)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 10: Dangerous Partners! Super Warriors Never Rest

My runtime: 53 min (ends good has credits)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 11: Crushing Super Warrior!! I am the Winner

My runtime: 45 min (ends ok)[end with Gokuu eating and saying he has to go fight Brolly in hell. Does he actully go fight brolly??? if so i'm missing a large chunk, need info on this)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 12: The Rebirth of Fusion!! Goku and Vegeta

My runtime: 54 min (ends good has credits and a preview for movie 12 [not a typo])

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 13: Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Can't Do It, No One Can

My runtime: 52 min (ends good has credits)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBGT TV Special: Goku's Supplement! Proof of Courage is the Four-Star Dragon Ball

My runtime: 46 min (ends good has credits)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well That was a hefty post! Info on any of the ones the don't end correctly eiter about how they properly end or how long they are would be apreacated

Thank you
Posted
what's annoying is that it's been said for about a year now that "any day now" CN will play the next 3 movies, when we still haven't seen them. What makes it worse is that we're behind on the movie schedule, as the 4th one takes place sometime around when Goku comes home and has gone SSJ for the first time.
Posted
wow, only four posts? and three of them are here....wow.....like i was about a week ago...

AHH! I WAS SPAMMING! BAD! BAD!

no, If you want the DBZ movies, go to your local video store. they'll probably have all of the info.

but really, i know that some of them aren't real high quality, so look out!
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]well, there ya go!
I think the others have answered your questions.
They're all really short. I think it's a lil short to be called a [i]movie[/i][/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]well, there ya go!
I think the others have answered your questions.
They're all really short. I think it's a lil short to be called a [i]movie[/i][/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, you have to remember in Japan they will pay to really short movies at the cinema. The Digimon movie, was really 3 (or was it 2?) movies put together. :)
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Yeah I know. They do that in Korea too. But,... what I ment was that the dbz movies just seem like another ep...[/color] [/size]
Posted
I've only seen and own a few Dragonball/ Z movies, so I can only be [I]that[/I] helpful. Here are the running times for them. Some of my movies are dodgy, so I don't know the exact names, I'll just state them as the number.

Sleeping Princess: [i]42 mins[/i]
Movie 1: [i]45 mins[/i]
Movie 3: [i]43 mins[/i]
Movie 4: [i]1:17[/i]
Cooler's Revenge: [i]1:30[/i]

PiroMunkie got the rest of them, so I won't retrack it, lol.

Please note that these movie trackings don't include the credits and opening themes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...