Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[b][size=1]Well, being the only known Mancunian around on this Board, I think I have the right to make this thread
:D

So...the opening ceremony for Manchester 2002 just finished no less than 10 minutes ago

72 countries and territories...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!![/size][/b]
Posted
[b][size=1]It's like a mini-Olympics, which takes place every four years, but with only the countries from the Commonwealth of the British Empire taking part.

It's being hosted by Manchester, and just started about 1 hour ago[/size][/b]
Posted
[color=royalblue]72 countries and territories...it's probably the second biggest sporting event aside from the Olympics itself (in terms of the number of participants).

They will be replaying the opening ceremony here tonight...so I'll definitely watch it. :)[/color]
Posted
See this is why I hate having no cable or sattelite T.V....
I'm going to go sulk now...
Unless Flash can reccomend a good streaming video site?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]72 countries and territories...it's probably the second biggest sporting event aside from the Olympics itself (in terms of the number of participants).

They will be replaying the opening ceremony here tonight...so I'll definitely watch it. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


[b][size=1]The 18th Games 2006'll be at Melbourne, Australia

I look forward to the fireworks
:whoops:[/size][/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i]
[B]See this is why I hate having no cable or sattelite T.V....
I'm going to go sulk now...
Unless Flash can reccomend a good streaming video site? [/B][/QUOTE]

Suggest a good streaming video site, Flash cannot. [URL=http://www.commonwealthgames.com/Home/]This[/URL] is the official site, in case anyone wanted to know.
Posted
Mwarhaha!

*cough*

Australia has competed in four events so far and has won 4 medals, New Zealand isn't do so bad either, well thats what I've been told

The only event I actually saw was the womens HighDiving:

1st: Australia
2nd: Canada
3rd: Canada
Posted
Yeah, were not doing too bad. I love the Commonwealth games. Olympics are even better.

Go Australia.....Woooohoooo:whoops:

Edit: Alright... Another gold for Australia. Women's marathon. Yeah for us...lol:p
Posted
More like gold, silver and bronze in the womens marathon. :D
Australia is kicking butt :toothy: and they haven't even started the swimming events yet...just wait til Ian Thorpe gets in the pool:)
Posted
throwing the hammer or shotput must seriusly hurt

and why did mark lewis-francis and the other english guy on the final end up getting hurt! big shame

that jhonathon edwards guy rules at long jump:)

so ill say it now

England rule! go us

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...