Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well one of them you already said which would be Serena, another one that I can't help not meantioning would actually also be Nadesico the really ruined some of the voice overs in the english dub version. Ironically one show they did somewhat tone down the Voices in was shockingly G-Gundam especially with that American Gundam pilot. Anyway I have some more that I could post now but I'll do that at a later date.
Posted
Although I haven't really heard anything from the japanese versions, I've heard that the dubs have really bad voices for some people. I agree, Serena's voice is annoying, but that's her character.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ifm2181 [/i]
[B]Although I haven't really heard anything from the *** versions, I've heard that the dubs have really bad voices for some people. I agree, Serena's voice is annoying, but that's her character. [/B][/QUOTE]
Nanami Kiryuu's(Utena) voice was horrible...it fit her personality pretty well but it just made me hate her even more.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ifm2181 [/i]
[B]Although I haven't really heard anything from the japanese versions, I've heard that the dubs have really bad voices for some people. I agree, Serena's voice is annoying, but that's her character. [/B][/QUOTE]
Her dub voice was pretty bad, and I guess you could say it fit her character, but I actually liked her Japanese voice. It wasn't anywhere near as awkward sounding as the dub. It's actually kinda nice, I think.....
Posted
Serena's voice drives me crazy...it's like she's got a bad headcold. I don't think it really fits her character. [Which is annoying, too....but not the same way. :whoops:]

And Cody from Digimon..... o.0
Posted
Ugh......I hated Cody's voice.....it sounded too old for him, and it was always kinda scratchy. >.<

And also in Zoids: Chaotic Century......I can't stand Van's voice.....I heard him as the VA for Yuhi in Ceres, and he's 16, but Van looks like he's 12, and it sounds way too old for him....

And in the old DiC Sailormoon, all the monsters just had that range of really disgusting voices......they were all scratchy and just *ick*. They hardly sounded human.....no pun intended. O.o lol.
Posted
Serena had like 3 voice actresses in the dub. The third one sounded like the second one with a bad cold. The second one is the one with the over-done scream. She's the one everyone knows.
Nobody seems to know about that first voice actress who lasted for 3 episodes and actually sounded good.

Anyway, there's a lot of over-done voices out there. I don't want to have to bring up Yugi-Oh
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]I don't want to have to bring up Yugi-Oh [/B][/QUOTE]Ech, Yugi's voice seems way too deep for such a little kid >.<
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ifm2181 [/i]
[B]Ech, Yugi's voice seems way too deep for such a little kid >.< [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]But you have to put in the fact that Yugi is supposed to be 15, so I guess whoever dubbed the show thought that it would be overlooked. And at first, I thought Frieza was a girl too. But Linda Young does a good voice for Genkai in YYH, though I've never seen the Japanese version, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. But if there's a voice I can't stand it's Puar's and Amaro's(sp?).[/color]
Posted
I've never seen the Japanese version of Yugi-Oh, so I can't really say Yugi's voice is bad based on the original. I can, however, say that his voice is still very deep compared to every other guy in the show.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...