Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have both games and I love them...I prefer the first once since the second isn't really anything really innovative except some new concepts that are in the mechanics of Silent Hill (storywise) and the graphics. I think you'll enjoy the second one because it carrys on more realism under the PS2 or X-box.
Posted
I bought Silent Hill 2 randomly one day. A store by my house got some copies in earlier than I expected, so I grabbed it.

I liked the first Silent Hill, but I never actually got around to beating it. With Silent Hill 2 I played the hell out of it until I finished, and didn't even think about playing anything else. I liked it that much. It's reasonably short, but the game has incredible atmosphere.

The only annoying aspect really is having to run about an entire city, with only a few location you can actually go into.

Hope you find it somewhere... Around my house every store pretty much clearanced it out lol.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reflection [/i]
[B]This game scared the hell out of me, I can hardly play the game anymore. Does anyone have Silent Hill 2? And is it any good? [/B][/QUOTE]

The game [I]bored[/I] the hell out of me, lol.

I know that I'm in the minority here, but I found the game to be too slow and cumbersome. Navigating the various complexes were a pain, due to the control interface and bleak lighting.

I know that the dim visuals were supposed to induce fear and create tension, but it just wasn't my style.

Silent Hill 2 seemed like a fine game overall, but I just couldn't get into it. The monster designs themselves didn't impress me, but their actions were really creepy.

It's a shame that I never felt the urge to learn to like this one.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]I have both of them and I completed both of them

The games scared the hell out of me [/B][/QUOTE]
I have both too. But the second one was just boring. I didn't bother to complete it. :p
Posted
Silent Hill... ehh... Try playing that at night by yourself in a detatched room with all the windows open. I haven't played 2 yet, but I want to.
Posted
Silent Hill just makes you jump and leaves your palms sweaty.

I've stopped playing Alone In The Dark also for the Playstation. Why was is released on the Playstation 2 also?
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
To be honest, I absolutely hated Silent Hill 2. The original was a lot better, and scarier imo. Although I wish that they would have concentrated more on the first (as in storyline wise) instead of making two completely different games. The third one seems like it could be the best of the series, so that's a game I'm looking forward to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...