Sylph Posted October 15, 2002 Posted October 15, 2002 Is anyone a fan? It seems out of most of the people I know (out of HS MB) no one hasn't heard of Drum Corps. I personally, adore it. Outstanding visual combined with beautiful music, what's not to love? What's your favorite?
Kent Posted October 17, 2002 Posted October 17, 2002 I dont know what it is, but I come from a town called williamsburg VA. where they have a group called fife and drum. they are basically re-enactors of colonial era drummers and fifers for the military. but they can play like crazy. have you heard of them? they are quite famous. could you explain more about the "drum corps."? thanks
Sylph Posted October 17, 2002 Author Posted October 17, 2002 Rahr, that's not what I'm talking about. Drum Corps International is basically "professional" marching band. Visit [url=http://www.dci.org]DCI[/url] for more information. They have small quicktime videos for sampling. I recommend The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, and The Cadets.
amibasuki Posted October 18, 2002 Posted October 18, 2002 [FONT=arial]I know a [i]tiny[/i] bit about drum corps. but the only way I get to see any performances is if our band director ever gets an urge to just pop in a video or something. but supposedly a local tv station airs drum competitions on Thanksgiving, which I'm definitely gonna have to see. and yeah, Blue Devils rock ^_^. [/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now