Jump to content
OtakuBoards

banning the swastika?


Recommended Posts

Posted
That is ridiculous, first of all the swastika is used by many ethnic groups. And in many cases it is seen as a sign of protection. That would be the same as banning anime because we had a war with the japanese. If you plan to ban the swastika then you would have to ban everything ever used for a malicious purpose. Just because clan memebers burn crosses doens't mean we should burn them.
Posted
Well, this can be a touch topic, depending on where you're standing. Personally, I don't it's right to ban the Swastika. Now, do I agree with what it stands for? No. In fact, it offends me because the Nazi Swastika is an inverted form of the Crucifix.

However, this doesn't mean it should be banned because [i]I[/i] alone disagree with it's meaning. As was said, when turned in another direction, it has different meaning(many of which I STILL disagree with)...so it really isn't fair to try to ban it.

-Justin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...