Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
As far as I'm concerned, IQ tests only prove your ability to answer IQ tests. Not that I'm saying you're not smart, Mace, but I feel there's a difference between knowledge and intelligence. You can be smart as anything, but if you don't have the common sense to apply it then you're stuck. On the other hand, you might not know anything much factual but if you've got common sense then you're okay. So I don't think it's trivial knowledge of grammar and information that makes you smart, but the ability to apply what information you have to the right situation in the right way. That would be what I would call intelligence.
Posted
[quote]Smart enough not to dial a free US number from the UK.. [/quote]

[b]That would apply to me as well, hehe :)

My phone has both a Q and a Z on it.. probably why I didn't guess it in the first place.[/b]
Posted
*reads the thread after my last post*.. oh.. I seee...

In the UK, we're not big on letters in phone numbers. It's a little bit more common now than it used to be, say, 5 years ago.. but we tend to just use the numbers instead.. it's just the way we are..

but yeah.. on most phones in the UK, the Q is on the 7 key, and the Z is on the 9 key. As far as I know, it's always been that way. The rest probably don't have letters on at all (I used to wonder for a long time what the letters were for, the first time we got a phone with letters on)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]"The fingers you have dialed with are too fat To hang up and try again, please mash the keyboard with your soft, mushy fat hands"

::cries!:: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]::dies laughing::

i can't believe i can still type, even though i died. my predicament is even worse than yours, transtic![/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...