[b]White Roses[/b]
I saw them there, in the store today
The white roses? they took my breath away
With their beauty so pure and so proud
Gentle and innocent, but screaming so loud
I could not turn away; for it was you they reminded me of
And how they suited you warmly, like sunshine from above
The two of you inseparable, in my mind and my heart
You belong together, so why should you be apart
[b]A Song Unheard[/b]
I wonder why, and I wonder long
Why no one else can hear my song
Am I a victim, or am I to blame
Baring disappointment, of a soul?s shallow shame
Thru open windows, into hearts I do speak
The response is the same, as if I spoken in Greek
It must be me, with the heart of granite
Looking for home, on a distant planet
I resent life?s way, its pervasive game
No one can change, all remaining the same
Always hoping there?s something more
God help me please, may my heart endure
[b]Pain[/b]
Pain! Leave me be!
Pain! Please let me go!
From your grip is there no escape
In the day and in the night
There is no rest from your weary fight
Pain! Why are you the one?
Chosen to teach, all of life's sum
You drive me mad, with all that is bad
But teach me all that I know, to learn and grow
Now that I know and have learned my folly
Will you please leave, or must I still bereave?
You?ve served your purpose now let me be
Or is it only in death?that one escapes from thee?
[b]The Man In The Mirror[/b]
What?s inside of me, that makes me feel like I do
Wanting to burst out of me, I wish I knew
Like a face with no name am I a man going insane
These feelings within, where do they come from
They?ve always been there even as a child
Vying for my attention they?re driving my wild
Are they just a lie, what if they are true
What do they want I wish I knew
In the late night hours and in my dreams
I hear its voice I hear its screams
In the times of pain and loneliness
It?s voice grows stronger, in the emptiness
Quite! Be still! Please let me be!
What does it want, always haunting me?
Never true peace it?s always there
When I look in the mirror and peel back the layer
It stares at me thru my own two eyes
These feelings inside there is no place to hide
Good? Bad? Should I go jump off a cliff? Am I insane? You tell me.
---Kitsune_Girl