Well I have the game and it is pretty kewl! When I first played it, it was pretty tough because it took a while to get the moves down. I do know that the moves are easy to do but it is better when you memorize them so that you do not have to go back and forth to the pause screen in the middle of a match. So I used Gohan the whole entire time and mastered him. I am also extremely good with Trunks but not as good as I am with Gohan. I give the game an overall rating of 8.5/10
The story mode was pretty cool. I liked the alternate endings because it added more choices to the game. It also makes you get more creative. But I like how everything followed the show exactly how it was played out![except for the alternate endings]Although it could have added even more minor parts. I am not being picky but ya know. I especially like when Gohan battled Cell. It played through that whole part perfectly! I give the story mode a 10/10!
As for the tourneys, I think that Beginner is WAY to easy, Intermediate is a little bit easy, and Advanced is way to hard. I just barely got the Great Saiyaman by winning the tourney. IT WAS HARD! I do like though how you get Hercule and the Great Saiyaman after you win though! I give the tournies a 9/10!
Mr. Popo's shop is ok but unless you have EXTREME patients then it all realies on luck for you to get what you need. Me myself, I have lots of patients, so I go in and out and in and out all lf the time. But I will say that it gets EXTREMELY boring doing it over and over. They should just make a list of the moves for you to choose from but instead they can up the prices. That way more people will play more because they will know what the prices are and they will have something to look forward to after winning prize money from tournies! I give Mr. Popo's Shop a 6.5/10![sorry buddy!]
I think that the Legend of Hercule is totally DUMB. I played it the first time around and it was ok because I liked the challenge, but when I beat it and it just said "here is your hi-score" and gave me zilch for a prize I pretty much wished that I never had bought it.[except to say that I beat the game]I give the Legend a 6/10![Screw the legend]
As for the controls, they are so much better than any other DBZ battling game. I have Ultimate Battle 22[I just got it] and I still can't figure out how to do the specials using that circle D-Pad thing! But in DBZ Boudokai, it is so simple to get off a move. I mean think of Hi-Speed Hammer! Punch, Punch, Kick, Kick, Energy! It is so easy to do but yet it does like 1 life bar of damage! I give the controls a 10/10!
Oh has anyone heard that they are coming out with Boudokai 2! It is supposed to be awesome! It will have all of the stages of Buu, including Uub, and will have SS3 Goku! Plus the Graphics and stuff are supposed to be way improved! But sad to say I still have heard no word on if there is a jump button! :(:(
P.S.- Can anyone show me how to put a banner in my sig? Preferably a DBZ one!