mitch stared at the cold white floor of the hospital, head between his knees. everything was tuned out, he couldnt hear alexis's sobs, nor could he hear TJ's words of consolation. Mitch only heard one thing, one voice running through his mind as he sat on the bench in the waiting room.
[I]I shot him...[/I]
mitch rose from his seat and straightened his back. he knew what he had to do. "hey," he said quietly and calmly to alexis and TJ. "im going to check on shaun. ill be right back." TJ looked as if he'd like to come along, but Mitch shot him a "you stay here with her" look and went on his way. he left the waiting room and started down a hall to another ER. of course he couldnt have let TJ come with him. if he had, TJ would have found out that Mitch was the one who shot Shaun.
[I]TJ seems like a genuinely good guy, but hes still a cop. and me, right now im lower than scum. i shot a man trying to save his friend. i am scum.[/I]
Mitch continued walking untill he reached the double doors to shaun's room. he stared through the glass window and saw that shaun was resting; Mitch was ok to go in.
Mitch pushed open both doors and began to slowly aproach Shaun's bed. with every step closer, Mitch could see more clearly the bloodstained bandage covering half of shaun's bare torso, could see the look of pained sleep etched on shaun's face.
the doors behind mitch bursted violently open, and there was a cry of fury from whoever had just entered the room. mitch turned to see who had entered, but just as his turn was half complete the attacker's airborn body collided with him. both men tumbled to the ground.
OOC: Imric is attacking me. btw, shooting shaun was an accident.