[QUOTE=Godelsensei]Come again? I'm sorry, but you seem to be questioning whether or not sexism is, in fact, [b]bad.[/b]
So, to answer your question, yes! there is. There is a problem with any amount of sexism, anywhere, at any time, for any reason.[/QUOTE]
Well yes, I guess that is what I am questioning. I just stopped to think about it when I read the first post and was thinking what would happen if it didn't exist. And thinking about it in more detail I do not think I would like to live in a world with out it. Rejection and watching abuse in these forms seems to compele people to improve themselves, I like many people have been descriminated against and it has made me a better person - through the want to be better. The idea that this sort of thing is bad suggests that every one is/should be equal to start with and I seem to think that would be very boring.
It could just be a strange tangent that I've gone onto here. Though even watching sexism in anime, for example, compeles the (fe)male(s) watching to want to do some thing about it. Either be better than the portayed character or rise up against it.
I know saying a 'limited amount' in my first post suggests I know the thin line that shouldn't be crossed in this suggestion but I don't know it. Just a thought. :animeknow