[b]Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex[/b] deserves to be mentioned as well and I can't believe I didn't mention it before, especially with someone mentioning Moribito (same creator and stuff). The Major is a target for fanservice because she don't believe in wearing pants, however, there are only a few instances where fanservice seemed to be there for no reason at all, but it's hardly an issue in this series despite her dressing pretty skimpy. I'm one that hates fanservice and am easily turned off by it, and what little fanservice there is in Stand Alone Complex is can be overlooked since it's so small. Not to mention that the closer you get to the end of the season the more covered she is. 2nd GIG she's completely covered.
The story will probably draw you in more than the action, if you can actually figure the story out (That's probably the fun part of it.. I'm not a person that really care for story either but if it draws me in then it's probably good lol). I'm still trying to figure the story out and it's been almost 6 years I think since I first saw it. You might see a couple of kiddies here and there but there are no kiddy stars in this (Thank God. I'm sick of anime that have kiddies and teens as the main character) and the characters in this series are smart.