[quote name='cancer][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I'm not 18 yet, soon to be though, and I smoke. My parents probably know, and question me, but I do deny it. I do wish to tell them, but am not sure how to do so without them punishing me or something. They used to smoke too, so I'm sure they'd be understanding to an extent, but they are not too carefree about what I do. Any suggestions?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
May I ask who pays for your cigarettes? Is it money that you've earned outside of home or money that your parents have earned and supplied you with?
Parents are not stupid. Just because they are questioning you about smoking doesn't mean they don't already know. Maybe they're waiting for you to fess up and take responsibility for your own actions. I'm sure they care, but how hard is it to care about someone who doesn't care about him or herself. Is not smoking itself punishishment enough?