[quote name='James' timestamp='1299542973' post='705537']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've been thinking about picking Black or White, but I haven't played Pokemon since... Red. As in, the original on Game Boy. Haha.
So, I guess I'm wondering what the learning curve is like. Do you guys think I will be able to easily pick this game up without all that accumulated Pokemon knowledge? Given that it's Nintendo, I'm sure it'll be fine, but I figure I'll ask since you guys all seem to have quite a lot of experience with this series.[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'd say the learning curve isn't too bad, but it could just be easy for me since I've played for years now. That said, they've kind of revamped the way you gain experience [I think less EXP as you go on? I'm not entirely sure], but there are ways around that.
As for prior knowledge, I'd say you're good to go. The game is tailored for newbies and vets alike; it starts in an entirely new region, far away from all the others, with a complete roster of new Pokemon [to where you don't encounter any in battles until you beat the game]. Fans of Gen I should be pleased in particular, as the game takes a lot of cues from the original generation, such as the character designs, music, etc.
And lastly, as far as previous games go, they've really polished it up. Locales are in 3D, the aesthetics are polished and feel more up to date, that sort of thing. It really feels like a new generation of games.[/font][/color]