I simply must recommend Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) and Noein. Good summaries can be found at [url]http://www.animeacademy.com/index.php[/url] (I suck at summaries)
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna is a great mystery anime. I highly recommend it. :animesmil
If you like Cardcaptor Sakura, you'll love Tsubasa Chronicle. (but I can't think of any fans of CLAMPS's work who hasn't heard of this anime) xxxHOLiC is also quite good too. Same goes for the movie, xxxHOLiC: Manatsu no Yoru no Yume (did I spell that right?).
xxxHOLiC anime is about Kumihiro Watanuki who can see ghosts and spirits. They are also attracted to his blood, so they keep attacking him. He stumbles upon the Dimension Witch's (AKA The Space Time Witch, and Yuko Ichihara) shop. Her shop specializes in granting wishes, so she agrees to grant Watanuki's wish of not being able to see the spirits (they will also stop attacking him)....after he agrees to work for her, cooking , cleaning and doing other random tasks for her.
The movie is about when Yuko gets a letter inviting her to an auction at a mysterious mansion (of course she brings Watanuki with her, along with his "rival" Doumeki) It crosses over with the Tsubasa Chronicle movie at the end. Themes for both the movie and the series by Suga Shikao, (ending for the series is called "Reason" by Focogenico and they are excellent!