OtakuBoards

reply order

mystikal

[COLOR=royalblue]I think the order of each reply posts should be in reverse chronological order, so when people tries to check out the most recent posts, they don't need to click all the way to the end. For the convenience of the readers, the starter's posts should show at the very top, seperated from the other posts +make it special or something+ so the boards could function better.

just a suggestion. +shrugs+[/COLOR]

[size=1]That would confuse the heck outta me. 'Specially after so long this way. I'd be trying to quote what I thought was a recent post and bring back something from the first page, or something bothersome like that.[/size]

Guest SunRiZe
Reverse Chronological actually sounds like a good idea for accessing the most recent post, but when you think then you would be reading people opinions backwards, like for example, someone posts a thread saying "whats you favorite cheese?" then it might go like

* my favorite cheese is cheddar
> why do you like cheddar? blue veins a hell of a lot better
@ you guys are all out of your minds! swiss is the way to go

In reverse chronological, where the last post is first, it does not make sense

@ you guys are all out of your minds! swiss is the way to go
> why do you like cheddar? blue veins a hell of a lot better
* my favorite cheese is cheddar

So that's why i think it just won't work, (yeah and the cheese thread would be a favorite thread, bad! :devil: )

if there was - which there is- a way to just simply have a dynamic box at the top of the first page of any thread that changes itself each time a new post is made.... let me explain:

post1: hey guys.

post2: sup!?

post3: Notta..

well...above post one.. the most recent post is always going to be there... so if the thing is 30 pages long lol... the last post will be up there.. no matter wat... i dont like the idea... and maybe... it might work.. but i still dont think it would be all too good. in fact the way the boards are set up rightnow... is pretty much the best for convienience..

[color=royalblue]Yeah...it would be weird in the sense that you'd be reading responses backwards. So most people would have to start at the bottom and work their way up in order to see the entire conversation.

Also, when you visit a forum, the little yellow arrow buttons on the right will always take you to the lastest new post. So you don't even need to scroll to get there. ^_^[/color]