Zanarkand Abes Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 I have palyed Kingdom Hearts and love the game. I know there are a lot of similarities to the Final Fantasy series, like being made by Square Soft and all, but is it enough to classify it as being a Final Fantasy game?
Desbreko Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 [color=indigo]Lol... I'd say no, considering that it's not called Final Fantasy. :rolleyes: SquareSoft makes a lot of different RPGs, but that doesn't mean they're all FF games. Final Fantasy just happens to be their most popular series, and as such, they stuck in some cameo appearences by a few FF characters.[/color]
Semjaza Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 The only thing is has in common with FF games are some cameo appearance by past FF characters. Everything else about it is completely different, other than some item names. And even those appear in series Square has nothing to do with. I guess you could mention summons as well, but Square isn't the only company that does that either lol.
::Ex-Soldier:: Posted November 14, 2002 Posted November 14, 2002 No, no way. The characters looked like deformed rejects, sort of. Although the game play is nice. If it's not called FF, then it isn't FF. But a game that you should think about buying.
Kain Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 Of course not.Some old FF chars did appear in the game and there were some summons but that doesn't mean it's a FF game.The battle system was way different compared to FF's stay in one spot and strike.This I thought was a big improvement.But i'm not going to get into all that now.So my answer to your question Zanarkand is no.
Zanarkand Abes Posted November 20, 2002 Author Posted November 20, 2002 Thanks. I have figured out by now, that it is NOT a FF game.
Mist Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] I feel a little ignorant asking this, but what past FF characters make camoes in the game. *crosses fingers for Tidus*[/color][/size]
Semjaza Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 Might annoy certain people, but I'll leave some space and call it spoilers just in case... Not that it really spoils anything at all lol FF7: Aerith/Aeris, Cloud, Yuffie, Sephiroth FF8: Squall (aka Leon), Selphie (as a kid) FFX: Wakka and Tidus (as kids) All the other characters are either Disney or original.
Mist Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B] FFX: Wakka and Tidus (as kids) [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1]Yes! I just might get it... Back on topic though, Kingdom Hearts sounds sort of interesting a twisted way. I'm a big fan of disney, even if I am a teen, and was thinking about getting it. I heard it didn't have a very good battle system though...[/color][/size]
Turkey Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tima [/i] [B]nah...the battle system is awesome [/B][/QUOTE] I agree. It's hard to get into at first, but, as you progress, you get new abilities that make the fighting much better.
Sky Moonflow Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 I think that Kingdom Hearts should be considered a FF game. Just look at Sora take away the big feet and he looks like Squall as a kid.
Flash Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 Kingdom Hearts is [u]not[/u] a Final Fantasy game. It just has Cameos in it. I mean, look at movies. Madonna apparently makes a Cameo in 'Die Another Day'. Does that make is a Madonna Movie? No. Look at all the Cameos in the Austin Powers Series! I wouldn't call Goldmember a Kevin Spacey film, but he was in it, [i]as a cameo.[/i] Look at Ehrgeiz. It had Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Vincent and a Plethera of weapons from FF7 in it, as well as some similar monsters, yet no-one ever even began to consider classifying it as an FF game. So there. It's not a Final Fantasy game. Get over it. Final Fantasy 1 mentioned Link on a tombstone in the Elf Village. That does not make it a Zelda game.
Desbreko Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 [color=indigo]Really, it mentions Link? Huh...yet another reason why I need to play the original... But anyway, I don't think this thread is doing anything but collecting spam anymore. Kingdom Hearts is not a Final Fantasy game. You can tell from the simple fact that the words "Final Fantasy" aren't in the title. Thread Closed[/color]
Recommended Posts