OtakuBoards

Top banner thingy, and somthing else..

Phantom

[b]Top banner fingy[/b]

Well, the PLAY button takes me to my usercp, and the rest of the thingy does absolutely nothing. Anyone else feel the pain? hehe. Also, that is probably on purpose, or if not, well here I am, telling you...check that out James/Shift/etc..?

EDIT: oooo i see the new top panel!! :)

[b]Something else[/b]

I have just read that I cannot encorporate HTML into my signature, and initialy I would support this. However, realizing that this would pretty well eliminate me using a flash banner. (I am not that good with flas yet, but will want to use a flash-made banner soon.)

I read a reply from James saying as long as the flash banners fit the 500x100 requirements and do not directly interfere with the pages, they would be ok to use.

However, in order to use a flash banner, I would have to , the SWF just like any other multimedia file.

James? Is there anything that can help me out? I am sorta hoping that I wont need a lot of user support for you to help me out with this because I know there is only like three people using flash banners. If you say no you cant help me than I'm pretty well pooched hehe, well least I can do is ask...(actually beg!) PLLEEEEEEEESZE!!! PLEASSSE!! :)

[color=royalblue]Er, so the Gizmo works for you now? Once again, to anyone having troubles...I really recommend deleting your cookies and opening the site in a new browser window. Always helps me. ^_^

As for the Flash banners...I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do. HTML has been more of a negative aspect than a positive aspect for the boards. And by adding the [center] command, the need for HTML decreases.

This also adds higher security to the boards -- it prevents people from using HTML in their signature to cause problems on the site. And of course, it allows us to more adequately control signature image sizes. So definitely, it's a positive for the boards.

As mentioned in the announcement...more is on the way (including adding to My Otaku among other things). And I can tell you that aside from that, we are working on a couple of interesting new things for Christmas. So it's certainly a good time to be visiting OtakuBoards. ;)[/color]

Nothing at all..You cant do ANYTHING...what if HAlf the boards decided they wanted flash banners... I bed you would figure somthing out...bleh.. its ok, ILE figure somthing out, without infringing the rules of this place.

EDIT: ...lol this is funny.. what happened to like 20 of my posts? I KNOW i had 835 posts around noon today... now i have 810? I really dont care bout my post count...But I dont know why it would decline in size.. hehe

[color=royalblue]Because Newbie Lounge is gone? Who knows.

It's not a matter of infringing on the rules, it's a matter of doing what is technically suitable. lol

With no HTML, we can totally control image sizings...and sig sizings. With HTML, we can do neither of these things effectively. So guess which option we go for. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]Nothing at all..You cant do ANYTHING...what if HAlf the boards decided they wanted flash banners... I bed you would figure somthing out...bleh.. its ok, ILE figure somthing out, without infringing the rules of this place.

EDIT: ...lol this is funny.. what happened to like 20 of my posts? I KNOW i had 835 posts around noon today... now i have 810? I really dont care bout my post count...But I dont know why it would decline in size.. hehe [/B][/QUOTE]
I know what you mean I just hit 150 yesterday. I want to rid myself of the friggin title Newbie!

[size=1]::looks amused:: Threat? Heh, hardly.

But quite seriously. The 'newbie' title matters only to newbies. Thus, you have marked yourself as one.

Or something. You can take that as a startling revelation, or the ramblings of a girl who's got a bit too much time on her hands right now.

Honestly, tho. There are people who have been here for over a year, and others that have several hundred [and even into the thousands] of posts, who I will [i]always[/i] consider newbies, simply because of they way they act and/or their post quality.

And there are some people here who were never newbies.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]As we all know and as we have all been told by countless people *remembers last person that I saw say it being ShyGuy* newbie isnt a title, its a state of mind.
[/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Shy and I have been known to hold long conversations on the subject. And no, neither of us professes to have a life.

Eh, well, yes. Best of luck on your banner situation...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]::looks amused:: Threat? Heh, hardly.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1] Um, that was a joke....:rolleyes: But there you are calling my a newbie, it just gets annoying. But I don't want anything to start so I think that I will shut up now. [/size]

Guest SunRiZe
I was acvtually working on a flash banner when the site got upgraded, and now html no longer exists on OB, there is no way for me to put it up!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Acid [/i]
[B][size=1] Um, that was a joke....:rolleyes: But there you are calling my a newbie, it just gets annoying[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think you've missed the point of those posts.. You called yourself a Newbie in that first post, therfore you set yourself up to be referred to as a Newbie.. perhaps it'd be best to refer less to the word Newbie, and more "immature poster", i.e. someone who wants desperately to not be a "Newbie", just so that they are not a Newbie any more. I lost a hundred posts when the NL was taken off. Wow. Big deal. It was odd at first, but it didn't take long to drift down to the bottom of my "things to worry about" list.

There's a far shorter way to say this: I suggest you get over it

Onto the topic: I'd assume that if James can make a centering tag, then he can probably make the embed tag you were referring to, MK.. it all depends, I suppose, on how controllable it is (in terms of banner size).