Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I laughed my *** off when I saw it in Japanese. When I saw the dub, I didnt laugh too much until Vegetto said he was a Jaw Breaker. And then at the part when Buu punched himself in the mouth and started beatin the piss outta his insides.

Now todays episode I laughed pretty good at. Especially at Goku's ignorance.
Posted
Oh man the whole concept is hilariouse! A piece of candy kicking the crap out of the destroyer of human kind! I mean where else wil you ever see that?!

"Mommy!"

Oh man thats great! I laughed so hard!
Posted
I laughed equally with both versions. It's the physical comedy that gets ya... plus I was watching the Japanese one without subtitles and couldn't understand anything. Still, the jawbreaker joke was funny.
Posted
ya. it was funny. i mean there is nothing as funny as a piece of candy beating the crap out of a monster. i wana know how come he can fight back but the other " pieces of candy " cant. its mind boggeling.
Guest boogeta
Posted
That was probally the most funniest part in dbz well thats what I think
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]I laughed my head off when I watched that episode yesterday (and this is for all US residents....)!
WHo else thought it was funny?
MOMMY?!?-Vegitto
And now they're in Buu's intestines........SICK! [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=teal]How come this is for all US residents?! Wasup with that? I'm in the UK and I've seen that episode, I saw it ages ago and I thought it was pretty funny aswell - though I knew it was going to happen.[/COLOR]
Posted
The fighting candy was funny. Buu couldn't even get him. Buu couldn't even handle a fighting piece of candy. To bad Vegito got cocky and got swallowed. Even if he meant to rescue all the others wouldn't it have been easier to just wish them back instead of going into his stomach to get them. I thought that was a good ep, though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]Yeah, also we're talkin about the Funimation version of the dub(which is the US dub). I havent seen a clip from the Ocean dub(UK dub)just yet. How was it in the UK(Ocean Group)version? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=teal]I'm pretty sure the dubs are the same, but if they're not we were still able to see the super fighting coffee flavoured candy. Where are you lot in the episodes? We just got to the episode, after the episode... (I hope you understood that) where Vegeta is on the floor on the inside of Buu and he's about to become absorbed and then Goku is running towards him.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaioshin [/i]
[B][COLOR=teal]I'm pretty sure the dubs are the same,[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

No, the dubs arent the same. In the UK version, for background music, they have recycled Mega Man music while our(Funimation)music is done by Bruce Faulconer. Also in the UK dub, the eps are heavily edited. For some odd reason, Funi's been editing a good bit lately to, but not even half as much as the UK dub does(well, atleast neither group says "I'm going to send you to the Next Dimension" anymore). And finally, the voice actors are different. Funimation has Chris Sabat doing Vegeta's voice as the UK dub has Brian Drummand(he was the one that did Funi's Vegeta for season 1 and 2. He also did the voice of Jet Storm in Transformers: Beast Machines and Zechs in Gundam Wing). Also, Sabat does Piccolo here while Scott McNeil(who also did the voice of Dinobot in Beast Wars and did Piccolo's voice for season 1 and 2 here)does Piccolo in the UK.

Now if you have CNX, then you were able to see a few Funimation episodes(from what I've read about it anyway). But anyway, our ep just ended on "Evil Kid Buu" and they're about to begin reruns this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Now for those of us here in the states that would like to know more about the UK(Ocean Group)dub of DBZ, just go to [url]http://www.ukdb.net[/url] Pretty nice site with vid clips and such(there you can see how heavily edited their dubs are.)
Posted
Hehe. I liked that episode. My friend told me what was going to happen before it aired but I was still looking forward to it.

Vegito: I thought you were going to eat me. I went right into your mouth. What more do you want?

I also like yesterday's episode, where they got out of Buu's body.

Goku: Look Vegeta! People popcorn!
Vegeta: What is he on?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]yes. i do know what it means. it mean you hate me. so mind you i am not as dumb as i seem. [/B][/QUOTE]
in the last one its [i] do[/i] not du. Just thought id piont that out to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...