Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
When playing Gold and Silver, I ran into the delima of who to chose. I started with Cyndaquil, but when I traded over Charmander, I couldn't chose. Charizard is my favorite, but Typhlosion seems stronger. Who do you think I should choose?
Posted
well
Charizard is also weak against lightning, and ice isnt not very effective anymore
And if u look through the stats of ur pkmn on the same lvl, Typhlosion should have the highest stats.
Posted
My favorite pokemon is Charizard. So I'd probably end up picking charizard. In the old versions of the game it seemed like the strongest of the three to me too. In the new I don't know. I haven't bothered with compairing the stat's as I don't really care to:p.

But, yeah, if you want to chose the strongest and what Dark_Apocalyps
say's is true then go with the stronger one.

[size=1]But if it were me I'd stick with my fav, Charizard.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]By physical attributes,Tyranitar wins,in weakness,....ahh screw it.Pick Tyranitar.....you could've keep Typhlosion for a strong weakness defender. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Uh...dude? We're talking about Charizard and Typhlosion, not Tyranitar and Typhlosion. o_0

As for who to pick, well... I'm not sure. You could always just take the stats of the two, average them, and then pick whichever has the highest average. :cross:

I dunno, though, I've never really compared the two. I think it'd probably come down to the attacks that they can learn. Can't Typhlosion learn Earthquake? That'd probably come in handy sometime.[/color]
Posted
Oh I thought the title said "Charizard or Tyranitar"

You really want to pick Typhlosion.It can learn Thunderpunch to deal with Water types and Earthquake to destroy the lightning types and Rock types.The only pokemon type you need to worry about is ground types....But if Typhlosion is faster,the ground pokemon might use dig and Typhlosion can use Earthquake to increse the damage.Be sure that you max out Typhlosion's stats with Protiens and stuff so you would cover the whole STAB Bonus. I would Recommend equipting Typhlosion: Quick Claw.Quick Claw is for first strikes.It comes in handy when Typhlsion almost dies.

STAB= Special Type Attack Bonus
Posted
All and all
Typhlosian vs Charizard=
Typhlosion is faster and he uses thunder punch! Ouch! Charizard one third damage! Charizard uses Wing attack! One out of ten damage :p

hehe. Or sumfin like that, but Earthquake can take out Fire too if u wish and all and all, Typhlosion isnt the coolest, but indeed the best choice ;)
Posted
I would personally go with Charizard if i had to choose, the stats on the both of them are quite simaliar(sp?)
Because
1.Its flying so the earthquake/ground cant harm him
2.It got the strong earthquake attack W00T!
3.Also got Sworddance that raise the attack quite high
Typloshin got thunder punch yes but what is stronger?
Earthquake or Thunder punch?
Equipd Charizard with some softsand, leftover or quick claw so it survive the first attacks as it use its sworddance and it should wipe out typloshin with earthquake next attack or the one after that.
Posted
Ey! U R forgetting a part. Typhlosion can learn Earthquake too. (not that it has effect on Chariz.)
Thunder Punch kills charizard if u just give him Magnet.
And the stats of Typhlosion R better.
look up Typhlosion and Charizard on pokemasters.com and ull see. ;)
Posted
Yeah he can learn earthquake but whats the use against a flying?

Yeah spc att is good, but charizard dosent have a too bad spc def...
They both got not so very high def but its the sworddance that really equals it out as it gives quite alot of attack + than Earthquake its stronger than thunder punch + softsand = gives alot of DAMAGE

Actually the easiest way to know is let those two fight..
Posted
[color=indigo]Um...I don't think he wanted to know which would win if they battled each other, I think he just wanted to know which is better to have on a team. :cross:

If that's the case, I'd go with Typhlosion, because he can learn Earthquake and Thunder Punch, both of which could come in handy if it encounters a Pokémon that's strong against fire types.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=green]I would choose Typhlosian. He is stronger, and not weak to as much pokemon. Such as, Charizard is weak to thunder, water, and ice. So I would choose Typlosian, but that's my opionion.[/color]


[COLOR=blue]MY 800 POST!lol[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...