OtakuBoards

Strikethrough Option

Sara

One last thing --

If you use the spoiler tag, do not put a color tag within it. It will override the spoiler tag.

For example:

[spoiler ] [color=blue ] [/color ][/spoiler]

will mess up the spoiler tag. As long as you keep the color tags outside of the two opening and closing spoiler tags you're fine... So this really shouldn't even be an issue.

Can I make a suggestion about the spoiler tag?
I looked at the HTML source and found the code is ).
What about just using
? That would also prevent forced line breaks like [spoiler]this[/spoiler] in the case of an inline spoiler (e.g., In the part where [b]they kill him[/b] did you notice that... the bolded text could be a spoiler.)

EDIT: What I meant by that last sentence is that people could be discussing, e.g., a generalization about something in an anime, and use specific evidence from an unaired (yet) episode - it would be useful for those who haven't seen the episode to see the point being made but NOT the plot of the episode.

EDIT 2: The spoiler tag's fixed now. It was a span tag that allows inline spoilers like [spoiler]this[/spoiler]. Only one bit of a problem: the code size=1 spoiler size=3 shows up weird:
[size=1][spoiler][size=3]Hello!
How are you?[/size][/spoiler][/size]
So size tags should be outside the spoiler, or if you must put another spoiler within the size tag (within the spoiler).
[size=1](This incorporates my post I had below.)[/size]
I also thought of a good use of strikeout: if a user put something like a link that a moderator didn't like, the moderator could unlink and strikeout the link to show it was removed. Maybe?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MathGuy2 [/i]
[B](e.g., In the part where [b]they kill him[/b] did you notice that... the bolded text could be a spoiler. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Most people wouldn't be able to skip just three words, i tried to but my eyes caught it anyway.....

The spoiler tag is just [spoiler]fine[/spoiler]... [/COLOR]

and removed the font size stuff (there were a lot of odd problems with that, so I've been trying various different ways - you might notice the HTML for it has changed a few times already heh, I've added and removed things to see what worked best in all the browsers). I'll try out the
stuff, it skipped my mind.

Edit: Using a
tag instead makes the entire line black background and any text that isn't within the spoiler tags is forced to the next line anyway. I'll see what I can do about that, unless you have another suggestion about it (or what I might be doing incorrectly heh). Thanks.

Also, if I don't force a certain font size within this tag... Opera, Mozilla and Pheonix (I'd assume Netscape 6 and 7 as well) all show whatever is in the spoiler tag as a very large font. Forcing size 2 was the only thing I could find so far that would fix that.

Edit - Alright... Thanks in [b]huge[/b] part to MathGuy2's help, the Spoiler tag is working like I would have wanted it to in the first place. It will now allow any font sizes you use (which wasn't working correctly before) and no longer forces a line break. [size=1][b]Edited for double post --Elite[/b][/size]