OtakuBoards

FFX Help! PLEASE!!!

CIoud Strife

PEOPLE!!! I NEED HELP! ok,so today I was paying Final Fantasy X. I need to get Tidus' untimate weapon. hee hee:D and well. You see. I read the stratgy guide and it sez I need to beat Savanda (the chocobo lady) at a race, with 0.00 time score. I've tried for three hours strait now and. I can't beat 20.2!!:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I'm soo pissed off at thosedamn birds. does anyone know a cheat to getting that time or at least a helpfl hint? (besides "try to get alot of baloons" I kinda know that much..)

i know this isn't what you want to hear but keep doing it. i did that race for about 2 days, before i finally got 0 time. its a huge pain, but the only way to get it is to practice over and over again...sorry there are no cheats for it either.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ok thank you.... I also heard tht after a crtain amount of times racing,the baloons with be in acompletely strait line.. Is that true??? I don't think it is but..hee hee.Well, before I spend half my life trying to win that ace a 0.00 how good is that weapon? or oes it jut give you no mp cost o somehting?>?? I wanna know i what i'm doing is worth it... ^^

i cant remember what the swords special things are but I do remember that it is good. And as far as beating the race just keep trying until your mind is numb or invite a friend over who is good at racing games and just take turns doing the race that way your brain will turn into mush half as fast!

Tidus' weapon is really good, I don't remember everything it had, but it definately has break max damage, and triple overdrive I think, hmm....and 2 other things but I don't remember. Anywhoo there are....3 or 4 different arrangements of balloons, and the easiest one to get 0:00 on is the set where the first balloon is closer to the right (your) side. The trainer will try to get the balloon, but because you're closer, you'll be able to get the first balloon and then the next 3 or 4 because the trainer will be stuck behind you. Then once you get around the first curve, either go straight ahead if you see a bunch of balloons, or angle towards the finish line if there's only a few, it'll save ya more time. Try to memorize where the first bird pops up too, cause after you dodge one bird (by quickly swerving to either side), another bird appears every 3 seconds or so. If you want to get 0:00 u can't get hit by a bird at all, just getting hit deducts 3 seconds from ur time, but it also costs u another few seconds because when u get hit u stop temporarily. It only took me about 12 tries to get 0:00, but it was 12 infuriatingly frustrating tries ><. After you DO get 0:00, make sure to head north to the narrow passage to get Tidus' last weapon, if you enter the monster arena, go to the airship, or exit the calm lands the guard will return to his post and you'll have to get 0:00 again!

I suggest you work untill you can get "Break Damage Limit" for one of Aurons weapons. Either that or just get his ultimate weapon. Auron is a very good character to have during the Jecht fight. His high HP and high damage will make the battle easier. Also if you have the "Brak Damage Limit" on one of Aurons weapons (like previously stated) you'll be able to his over 9999 damage.
I had Auron hitting 14000 normally and 26000 on his special hits.

There's no cheat to beat the Chocobo lady. You just have to first get in front of her, get as many baloons as possible, and try to avoid the birds, if you please. That's all the advice I can give. Hey, I beat her. you can too.
But you know Gelgoog Pilot? Maybe you can beat the game without the ultimate weapons. So What. Most people like to spend their time GETTING the weapons. Maybe that's why some people like myself have spent over 100 hours on the game trying to find every secret! I mean, I've beat it 7 times now and I cry every time, but getting the weapons and their power ups it fun. You should try the race again.

hee hee.. I havent beat the game , but I have seen the endin, I watched my cousin and he beat it.. I cried. (sniff) but, e beat Sin withot the magus sisters, wich I couldn't do.. hee hee..one thing though that pissed me off, was, sometime last summer, I lost my memory card, I was right outside of the scary tower hin you go to whenyou fight Jecht. I lost it.. (ooooo it made me soooooo mad!) So, (i still avent found it.) I went and bought anew memory car in september. ow, i'm back where I was.. hee hee.

I played the game and I was on a time limit because I was borrowing the game from a friend and I had it for like two months because I didn't play in long spurts. But I didn't have the time to go and find any of the weapons. But I still beat Jecht. The first time I faced him I didn't have two of the summons, I didn't have the mangus sisters or yojimbo. And I got completely annihalated. So I went and got thos two, and went back and kick jechts *****. And I wasn't at a very high level either because I knew that I would have to face all my summons so purposely kept them all a a lower level.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]Ok....I just posted a bunch of SPOILERS.....Sorry!!
You kind of did too Cloud....we BOTH gotta watch out. Sorry mods!
Anyway, sorry about getting off topic!
Now, where were we..... [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]That's ok, just next time, remember to use that [ spoiler][ /spoiler] VB tag. Thank you. :)[/size][/color]

[color=0099ff]Here's a tip: Every time you race, the ballons are in a differnet arrangement. When there is a ballon at the beginning that is to the far left and there are others to the right, ignore the one to te left. The trainer will go after it, but if you go straight, she will fall behind and you can get a bunch of ballons on the first turn. Then make a wide turn at the first right so she goes in front of you. She will get hit more often because the birds tend to attack the person in 1st place more. Then just avoid the birds and pick up balloons. One time it took me 3 hours to get the weapon, and on another file, it took me 2 tries! O_o;;[/color]