Guest shadowmatrix Posted August 13, 2003 Posted August 13, 2003 card: black paladin Type: fusion dark magician+buster blader what it does: it gets 500atk for each dragon on opponent side of field/graveyard atk:2900 def:2400
Solo Tremaine Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple][b]harpiesbrother, that post is in direct violation of the rules. One-word posts are not allowed. Please try and improve in the future. Besdes, we are supposed to be describing [i]why[/i] they are your favourite cards.[/b] Mine...I'm not sure I have a real favourite. Like I said before, Barrel Dragon is one I find most useful for clearing your opponent's side of the field for monsters and dealing damage; plus it looks pretty cool, too. I really like Mystical Knight of Jackal, but unfortunately it doesn't fit in with either theme of my Decks. It looks really great. If only it were an Earth type...[/SIZE][/COLOR]
SephirothNIN Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Shadow of Eyes It's come in handy every single time I use it, and usually people aren't going to pay 1000 for seven tools of the bandit to stop it. If it's a flip monster then it throws off the opponent. And whether it has a flip effect or not, the opponent played it in defense most likely because its attack is either pathetic or you have a strong monster out, so you can destroy it and do some damage.
Marik_Duelist Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 sorry, Relinquised, because you can equip it with your oppnents strongest monster on the field
SephirothNIN Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 Relinquished is cool, but more often than not I get stuck w/ a bozo creature while my opponent whips out a millenium shield or a gravity bind/messenger of peace. He has a cool effect but I'd like him more if there was an easy way to get rid of an equipped monster. Would a cannon soldier or type zero magic crusher work perhaps? I forget the exact relinquished wording (since there's about 20 pages of it) so I dunno if it's still counted as a monster or as a magic.
Guest swordhunter Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 My favorite card is swordhunter! Me --> :modrod: <--Guy I'm dualing!
Solo Tremaine Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple][b]As has been already stated in this thread, please include the reasons why the said card is your favourite, swordhunter. But welcome to the boards, by the way. Be sure to read the [URL=http://www.theotaku.com/rules.shtml]Rules[/URL] (when they're back up again) and have fun.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]
Guest Stridir Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 my fav. card to use is the goblin attack force beacuse it has 2300 attack and no tributes. there is a down fall though. it has 0 defense and you have to switch it to defense position after you attack
duelist22 Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 Dark Necrofear(ATK 2200, DEF 2800).......a great fiend which allows me to control an enemy monster when it is destroyed. :D
Assassin Posted September 3, 2003 Posted September 3, 2003 [size=1]I like to use the "Harpies Brother" for some odd reason. I like playing horn of the unicorn or other equip cards on him. One equip card I use brings him to 2500 atack, thats the same as the dark magician.[/size]
Guest Malik_Ishtar Posted September 4, 2003 Posted September 4, 2003 Man I have a few favorites, some more situational then others. Thunderbolt - clears all monsters from field Lava Golem - takes away two opposing monsters and with field control can't use its 3000 ATK Gravity Bind - the field control I was talking about with Lava Golem Destruction Ring - Destroys a monster and LP Blast Sphere - Does the same without a LP deduction for you Dark Curse (useful against hand destruction/field control) Wave Motion Cannon - m/t removal fodder or LP destroyer Death Koala - Good first turn monster if opponent doesn't have many m/t cards played before attack.
Yami Asura Posted September 5, 2003 Posted September 5, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i] [B]I mainly like using effect cards that make my oppoent mad. HEHEHE [/B][/QUOTE] That's what I use as well. Old favourites such as Man-Eater Bug and things like that, as well as the new blood such as Jowls of Dark Demise and Yomi Ship. Right now, my favourite cards have to be Tyrant Dragon, Fairy Meteor Crush, United We Stand and Mage Power. If all played on Tyrant Dragon, you're quite literally unstoppable. Tyrant Dragon's effect is really ace, except for the Special Summon rule, but that's only there to restrict its power. United We Stand is just a really good Equipment Card. As is Mage Power. You could really put a duel in your favour with just those 2 cards on any monster!
Guest Majin Megaman Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 Favorite Card: Monster Reborn and Card Destruction Type: Magic Effect: MN-Select 1 monster from either your opponents or your graveyard and place it on the field under your control in attack or defense postion (face up). CD- Both players must discard thier entire hands and draw the same number of cards that they discarded from their respective decks. Why: Their my favorite because if I have a monster like Blue Eyes and I don't have enough cards out on the field I'll play Card Destruction and discard my hand into the grave yard, then if I have Monster Reborn I'll play that and bring back my Blue Eyes.
Snodin Posted September 10, 2003 Posted September 10, 2003 I absolutely love the Amazon Archer/Scaprgoat combo. I've pulled it off many times, and usually early on in the game. Of course, it hardly ever gets pulled off without Scapegoat. But the one card I love to play on its own is Dark Ruler Ha Des. No offense to my opponents (who happen to all be good friends of mine), but I hate it when they get the upper hand with flip effect monsters. Hades changes all that; he clears the field and lets the effects go un-activated. And it's even more lethal when I have a heavy-powered monster (like Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon) on the field to deal the opponent more damage after the effect monster is gone! FEAR HIGH-POWERED MONSTERS IN NUMBERS! ^_^
The Battosai Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 Ekibyo Drakmord - Magic Card (Equip) [IMG]http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/pokeorder_1756_324567595[/IMG] A monster equipped with this card cannot attack, Destroys the equipped monster at the end of the 2nd turn of the player controlling the monster. At the time, this card is returned to the owner's hand. Talk about useful :cool:
Snodin Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 Actually, I can think of more useful cards that that. As far as stopping a monster from attacking: -Gravity Bind; stops all of the opponent's level-4 and up monsters, plus it can be used in combo with monsters like Dream Clown. -Mask of The Accursed not only stops an opponent's monster from attacking, but it also eats away at the opponent's life points. Comboed with a card like Mask of Dispell, that's -1000 LP damage to the opponent per standby phase. And for useful cards that return to you: -Bait Doll; has the ability to negate and destroy Trap cards, and it returns to your deck (the deck is then shuffled) at the end of EVERY turn it's used. -Sinister Serpent; free discard effects from magic or trap cards, plus it can be used in Cannon Soldier/Amazon Archer decks multiple times... Actually, there are many more uses to this card. I can't even think of them all.
Marik_Duelist Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 one of my favorites to use is Gravekeeper's Servant
Zanarkand Abes Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 My absolute favorite card is the Baby Dragon. He might not be strong but he is real cool looking. Plus with the right fusion, he turns into one bad mother.
Marik_Duelist Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 my favorite card in my deck to use against dragons is my Buster Blader
Tom222666 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 I really enjoy a combo using my Barrel Dragon along with scroll of bewitchment and Diffusion Wave-Motion. This combo takes care of all worrys by letting me attack al monsters and negating effects.
Kyo no Ryu Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 card: Harpies Brother type: monster does: 1800ATK 1200DEF 4stars why: Whe looks like a cool ninja, he is a very strong card, he wins my duels, I almost always get him in my first hand
Crimson Posted October 14, 2003 Posted October 14, 2003 Solemn Judgment Trap Counter Effect: Pay half of your life points when your opponent either activates a Magic or Trap Card or summons a monster (Including Special Summon) to negate the action and destroy the Magic Card, Trap Card, or summoned monster. Love this card because it's a trap hole, horn of heaven, magic jammer, and seven tools of the bandit all in one card.
Kakashi Posted October 14, 2003 Posted October 14, 2003 Needle Worm (from DL4). "Top 5 cards of your deck, please." They're so much fun to use, even though I don't run them any more. Especially if you kill your opponent's staples or cards that could potentially turn a match around. I put a fear of set cards into a metagame where the only person who owns Nobleman of Crossout or Sasuke Samurai is me.
Guest Shinzu Posted October 19, 2003 Posted October 19, 2003 fav monster soul of purity and light great for weaking monsters fav magic: cards like hinotama that attack life points directly fav trap: ceasefire mega beat down card
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now