OtakuBoards

Boards Down.

Guest cloricus

Guest cloricus
Well for the third time this week the boards have been down for about four hours each time.
"What?s that?" you might say, well it appears to only be happing in my local area.
(Any one from Brisbane having the same problem, I can't contact any one there to ask?)

This is what's happing; Otakuboards.com is disappearing off the face of the Internet...
Pings come back with no hostname found.
Ie/netscape/opera come back with no page could be found.
It's seems to happen more at night.
For about four to five hours long.
It's not just happening to my isp either it's happening to every one in the area.
Also I've checked other sites near to otaku to see if it?s a problem and it only happens to Otakuboards, theOtaku and shineget are fine to...

I would put this down to the boards being down but every one in the whole rest of the world can access it except the people that are near me...

Any one have an explanation for this?

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Erm... I think I've said this at the chat before, but it just does that sometimes. It goes down for a while over here for me too. (And I live in the U.S., mind you).

I don't think it's disappearing from the internet or anything like that. I think you're a [i]little[/i] overreacting. It's been down a few times, maybe it's just the server. But I definately doubt it's anything serious.

Edit: ... too late. o_o'[/color] [/size]

Guest cloricus
No I'm annoyed because I'm just about to post and it goes down and I have to wait about four hours to post it!

Yes I though of local server but that would affect sites across the board, including theotaku if they are on the same server.

I was just wondering if there could be a technical reason why this was happening because I've never seen it happen before.

(What I mean by disappeared is in the ping response it says hostname (ie [url]www.otakuboards.com[/url]) could not be found.)

[color=deeppink] [size=1]*shakes head* Cloricus, it's like that here, too. And It's nothing serious. I mean, the down-ings are all temporary anyway. As far as I know, it shouldn't be a technical problem, because it's working perfectly fine for me right now, all except for my dsl line, which seems to be kicking me off from AIM for the moment...

I mean, you can just copy/paste your message if you're really in such a hurry. And I don't think a technical problem with one site's server can only effect one area.[/color] [/size]

Guest cloricus
Yeah I know it's not with Otaku (now, for sure anyway), I'm asking does anyone know the technical reasons why this is happening. As I say I haven't seen it happen before.

[b]I recently saw that OB was down for about 5 minutes, but nothing like 4 hours. I also think it's just a local problem, as sometimes people just can't connect to certain servers. I had awful trouble trying to get onto Kevin's message boards because of the server it was on had trouble with my isp.[/b]