Jump to content
OtakuBoards

One possible reason that Goku couldn't life up the bus


Recommended Posts

Posted
During the episode when Goku and Piccolo were racing each other in the time before the androids came. People complained a lot about the filler where Goku couldn't lift up the bus. Here's my explanation for it.


Goku was wearing weighted training clothes given by Kami that weighed way too much for him to have enough strength left to lift up a bus. I'm just trying to make sense of a filler no amount of persuading can change my mind. :)
Posted
I would say your gonna have to refresh my mine as for why gokou, or rather, when gokou had a hard time lifting a bus up.

So on the post yet to come, try and make your threads point more clear.
Posted
His explination was clear. :p

In the episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get theur drivers licences, Goku (somewhere in the episode) has trouble lifting a bus. Which we all know Goku could do easily at the time. SS5 Gogeta, was posting his theory about why he was having a hard time. He was probably looking for other theories as well.

As for the subject at hand, have no clue. Even if the clothes Kami gave to him weighed allot, it's Goku. He could lift a bus with one finger. Maybe it had something to do with the storm, and that he had to balance the bus. That is all I can think of.
Posted
I would say that there is no definitive explanation. His failure to lift the bus was primarily for comedic purposes. Look at the irony in the situation--the strongest guy in the universe cannot lift a bus, lol.
Posted
[color=indigo]The fact that I am actually thinking about this is confusing. My head is all wobbly and dizzy now. o-O I do agree with CWB, though. It had to be for comic relief... even though it was not really all that funny.

It makes you wonder though, if I remember the episode correctly, why did he not just turn into a Super Saiya-jin? :p[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I would say that there is no definitive explanation. His failure to lift the bus was primarily for comedic purposes. Look at the irony in the situation--the strongest guy in the universe cannot lift a bus, lol. [/B][/QUOTE]
Exactly. I totally agree with you on this. No offense or anything, but everyone else's explaniation to why he couldn't lift up the bus really don't make much sense. Because of weighted clothes??? Please, think before you post....
Posted
Sorry for not making myself clear again:
I meant that Kami obviously knew that Goku have became stronger so he made weighted clothes that weighed even more than before. That way he made them weigh about probably 50 tons or heavy enough so it can be training doing daily activities with that kind of weights on. King Kai was able to make 10 ton weights straps for Goku so I'm assuming that Kami could make weighted clothes really heavy.

And sorry for making some of you guys mad because I'm trying to make sense of a filler.
Posted
[color=red]Yeah, but he didn't have those on at the time, did he? I seem to remember him and Piccolo were both wearing more casual attire. Definantly just comic relief.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
well it could be just for comic relife but then again he was balancing a bus full of kids with a strom and rocks and boulders falling on him. he probably didn't think he need to go super sayin and beside a lot of people were around so it probably wouldn't have been the best idea. also he knew piccolo was there and that piccolo would help him out so thats all i have to say about this.
(sorry about the poor post quality)
Stitch
Posted
or maby goku wasn't ready for such a big thing like that to happen (he was powered down so much in the time it tuck him to get the buss he only powered up a little bit in time to stop the bus)
Posted
thanks, i only joind 2day aswell :D there are a lot of slip ups in DBZ (like trunk's sword..if every1 was killed by the #17 and #18 but trunks how did gohan go to the other world to get the sword)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...