Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
According to an article originally printed in the LA Times, veteran developer Midway Games could soon be for sale. Midway has been experiencing a dramatic slump in sales over the course of the year, and the possibility of the company being purchased by a larger corporation is very real.
Midway has made no statement of a possible sale yet, but inside sources say that it is likely. Both Electronic Arts and Activison have stated that they have no interest in purchasing Midway.












This news came from gamers.com, and even thought they have been wrong about some things before, this came out of L.A. Times, so it's more reliable. This does leave a problem for fans of Midway, such as myself. If this story gets updated, I'll be sure to post it.
Posted
I read this the other day. It's one of the few game companies I couldn't care less about and will barely miss. Sure, it will likely affect the arcade industry (not as much as a few years ago, as Japan seems dominant in that again).

All I'd care about are games like Rush anyway, and for all I know that could have been sold along with the Atari brand name to Infogrames

I for one, wouldn't miss them if they disappeared. I will remember them for their older stuff, and their history... But currently they are an overall awful company. I hope Titus is next.
Guest Musahi
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Titus is a French company that made such classics as Superman 64. I believe they acquired (or were trying to) Interplay a while back. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=darkred]*pukes* Titus must die now!

Midway is an awesome company gone horribly wrong. NBA Jam was so awesome, one of my favorite SNES games infact. But now they just can't produce a decent sports game. It's sad really, to see such a big company wither and die. [/color]
Posted
Why do a lot of people seem to think Midway is a bad company. Sure, they've made some, er....... mistakes. But, come on. The Gauntlet series is classic. And, even though the games suck now, I liked the origianal Rampage. I understnad that most of their games belong in the trash, but think of the good memories that they've given us. Well, at least they've given me some, not a lot, but some
Posted
[color=indigo]About the only thing I liked from Midway was Gauntlet Legends, and probably Gauntlet: Dark Legacy as well, though I've never played it. I keep thinking I should try and find it used somewhere for the GCN or something...

But yeah, I won't be all that sad if Midway is bought. I played a couple of the Rush games, and I didn't find them all that fun. And I've never liked sports games, so those are out...[/color]
Posted
UPDATE! This is just a rumor that I heard(it's probably fake) but I heard that Midway might be bought by Sega or Acclaim. Weird? Yes. Ironic? yes. True? Probably not, but I did hear it from a few people.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...