Turkey Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I have just started seeing this series in Locomotion, and I have to say it's among the most interesting stories I have ever seen. It's one of the few horror animes, but it's not "jump through walls" horror. It's more like "Edgar Allan Poe" horror. The story revolves around a pet shop in Chinatown, which is owned by a young man named Count D (no, he doesn't look like a vampire). He carries exotic animals that go beyond exotic. These creatures all hide a dark side. Demons can dress like angels, you know. [IMG]http://www.urban-vision.com/titles/psoh/images/psoh14.JPEG[/IMG] [SIZE=1]Count D[/SIZE] People who want one of his pets have to sign a contract, and follow the rules in it. If they don't, the pet's evil side will awaken, and the Pet Shop will lose any responsibility. There's also a detective that believes that Count D is a criminal, and is always searching for proof.
Syk3 Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Ah, yes, Pet Shop of Horrors. I saw that a while ago at my anime club, and I really liked it. I can't say that I've seen many horror animes, so this one was cool to watch. That would totally freak me out to have a pet in the image of a dead love one. ::shudders::
Syk3 Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]Sounds freaky..... [/B][/QUOTE] It is, but for the last time, [b]please[/b] do not SPAM just to get in another post. For the last time, please read the little page at the top of the screen called [url=http://www.theotaku.com/rules.shtml]the rules[/url]. On topic, does anyone know how many eps are in this series? I think I only saw about 4 or 5.
Makai Kite Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 There are 4 episodes of Pet Shop of Horrors total.
Amorphous Posted January 6, 2003 Posted January 6, 2003 I rented the series on VHS at my video store. It showed the first 2 episodes. I thought they wern't to bad. I would like to see the rest though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now