Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Yeah... that's one of the things I wondered too... Another is why didn't they use a truth potion on Sirus Black before throwing him into Azkaban? Everybody knew how good a friend he was that that he couldn't have possibly betrayed Lily and James Potter.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I was just thinking of something as I was re-reading [i]The Goblet of Fire[/i], Harry spent all the time learning the summoning charm to summon his broom to the first task, why couldn't he have just said "Accio golden egg!" and the egg would have zoomed right to him. He would have been done in like 4 seconds.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]:rotflmao: Heh, that was pretty funny. Why DIDN'T he do that? He really should have thought of that, seriously...

And I agree with you, Darkmoon, they SHOULD have used a truth potion. Ah, everyone makes mistakes, and Rowling is no exception...But then again it might be because they were in a hurry to throw him in the Azkaban because they needed SOMEONE to blame it all on, and the people were in panic. So it could have had its purpose.[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=red][b]Plus, if Rowling used the easy egg solution, that would cut about 20 pages out of the book. lol. I think about things too much. lol. :p[/b][/color]
Posted
[size=1]I continue to dislike the idea of Harry hooking up with [i]anyone[/i].


...Yeah, or [i]Accio [whatever the trophy-thing was][/i]

Thing is, Rowling has to keep introducing new elements to the book to keep up with people. So she isn't going to be able to write into the first book something that Harry learns about in Year 6 or whatever.. There's going to be some discontinuity. [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I was just thinking of something as I was re-reading [i]The Goblet of Fire[/i], Harry spent all the time learning the summoning charm to summon his broom to the first task, why couldn't he have just said "Accio golden egg!" and the egg would have zoomed right to him. He would have been done in like 4 seconds.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, like Asuka said, that would just make the book shorter and the task basically too easy. I wouldn't necessarily say that Rowling forgot about that, but she made it harder on purpose, and I think it was more suspenseful with the Firebolt.
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B]Yeah... that's one of the things I wondered too... Another is why didn't they use a truth potion on Sirus Black before throwing him into Azkaban? Everybody knew how good a friend he was that that he couldn't have possibly betrayed Lily and James Potter. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, in the days of He Who Must Not Be Named, they were just trying to throw all of his supporters into Azkaban as soon as possible. It seemed like a murder of an innocent man, with tons of muggle witnessess, and they really didn't need any other proof. In fact, I doubt they knew about the friendship between Sirius and James.
Posted
I'm just curious but was Dumbledore's greatest fears ever mentioned in any of the books? I haven't read it in a long time

Edit: Oops I didn't realized that I double posted I won't let it happen again.
Posted
Please don't double post. Press the Edit button at the bottom of one of your posts, check the checkbox that says delete, and press delete. That is spam, and we look down on that at OtakuBoards.
Posted
finally! ever since the end of the fourth book i've been dying to read this one. can anyone cuont how many times the print date for this book has been moved back? i remember that it was supposed to come out in june of 2002, then in december of 2002, tehn it changed again. well, hoperully this time it's final. anyway...
Posted
[color=red][b]I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com the [i]day[/i] I heard that it had a release date.

And another question, how come everyone on the movies where those queer brim-less hats?[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=red][b]Well, professor mogonagol wears one with a brim, and in the original trailer for Sorcers Stone when they walked into the great hall for sorting the hats had brims. I don't know why they took them out. They look like they are wearing dunce caps.[/b][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...