Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hm....has there been a thread about this?

I think its ok. I don't like the fact that it relys simply on ammunition and guns to fight. I know it has close combat capability but I still don't like it that much. If it had a simple beam saber that it could use, I'd like it more...
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I like it, but it is not well rounded. As stated already, it relies heavily [size=1](pun intended)[/size] on heavy [size=1](again)[/size] artillery. It has an army knife, but that doesn't compare to beam weapons like the beam scythe and the beam saber. [/color][/font]
Posted
technically heavyarms does have a beam sabor as seen in the battle on antarctica with zechs and the tallgeise. It does though have to shed it's left arm which can be a real down side. I like it but it is sort of ordinary. I do like the endless waltz version more than all the rest of them though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by silentdeath [/i]
[B]technically heavyarms does have a beam sabor as seen in the battle on antarctica with zechs and the tallgeise. It does though have to shed it's left arm which can be a real down side. I like it but it is sort of ordinary. I do like the endless waltz version more than all the rest of them though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]It isn't a beam saber. It isn't even a beam weapon. As I stated earlier, it is a "Gundamized" army knife. It does provide the Heavyarms with more mobility, and it would only be used when his Beam Gatling runs out.[/color][/font]
Posted
I dont really think its all that bad, but the beam saber is a trademark of the gundam and leaving that out is a major mistake.

Otherwise, I think the heavy arms is an excellent gundam.

Its got great weaponry (minus the saber) and the overall look is nice too. I think it strikes a nice cord (in the artistic sense)inbetween the tall geiz and the rest of the hardcore "multi colored" gundams.
Posted
Well the normal one from the regular series was ok...But the one from the endless waltz movie was one nasty customer...Still alittle hapmered by not having a saber but it made it up with so damn many guns :laugh:
Posted
I was thinking about it for a bit and you know what, HeavyArms could be one of the most important Gundams in the group. They all play their part correct?

Well say all five Gundams were an army. (Which in a way they are) Heavyarms would be the archers where as Deathscythe, Sandrock, Nataku, and Wing Zero are mainly infantry. So I mean Heavyarms tactically plays his roll beautifully in the series.

So you know what, I take my statement back. I think Heavyarms is a great mobile suit/gundam.


One question. Is the "Gundamized Army Knife" made out of Gundanium Alloy or just metal? Because if it was just steel or metal don't you think it'd break? Or did it? I don't think it did.
Posted
I like Heavyarms. I think the suit is fine with it's guns because with them, no bugger can get near enough for melee combat... hence the lack of beam saber.

and the army knife is made of Gundanium *has the technical manual*
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ghettoG457
Posted
Its really stupid tryin to make up for its guns, the guns are ALL he needs, all he has to do is just start shooting EVERYWHERE! He has the vulcans, the leg guns the ones on his shoulders the twin gatlings on his arms(I'm talking about heavyarms custom"enless waltz"" and if he runs out screw th swords he can jetason the gun and one on one hand to hand combat and if he comes in a tight spot theres always the selfdestruct button
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Personally I wasn't a fan of the first, two versions of Heavy Arms because at that time I thought it wasted too much ammo. However in Gundam Wing Endless Waltz the Heavy Arms Custom looks really cool, unfortunately Trowa's ammo consumption is about as bad as Lena's of Zoids Zero and her Gun Sniper.

Overall the Custom looks great, but it's features fall rather short compared to the other 4 Wing Gundam's.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Watinabe
Posted
I don't dislike any gundam but as others have mentioned Heavy Arms is my least favorite becuase it lacks a beam wepon.
Posted
actually through watching epsiode 16 again I have to point out that it DOES have a beam saber.

When Heero uses 03 against Tallgeese the gun runs out of ammo and he presses a button and the gun falls off to reveal a beam saber in the elbow.

Heero - "A Beam saber... Trowa really went out of his way for me"
Guest Watinabe
Posted
Well mabey he should use it more instead of just shooting away with his guns;) but like I said before Heavy arms is my least fav anyway:)
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Watinabe
Posted
Becuase his guns take away from his gundams action him pulling the trigger and the screen switching through suits exploding gets dull I like suits that move a little quicker and wield a saber or one massive cannon like tallgeese^_^ my fav gundam (I know he really isn't a gundam@_@* but o well he can take em anyway)
Guest Watinabe
Posted
I like all the customs the best especially Tallgeese and Heavyarms is packing a lot of missiles in Endless Waltz^_^
Posted
Yeah, all of the Customs blew all of the origional gundams away by far. I liked the Endless Waltz a lot better then the series itself. I know it is just the OVA, but it was just a lot more cool.
Posted
Endless Waltz is Great and I think Deathscythe Hell Custom Blows Heavyarms away. He has cloaking and far greater sheilding abilities. He the fastest too. Sorry :( Plus, Nataku is awesome. He can fight so many mobile suits at once, so can Wing Zero but without honor, at close range.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Meh, I've taken a shine to Wing 0, just because of the fact that it is one of the most powerful gundams. And its just fun watching chain explosions.
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest darkstorm1
Posted
Nice sig watinabe
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
The heavey arms is not very good and it also seems like it would not do very well in A head to head fight at close range. I also think its bad that its sheild in on the gun that connects to the lext arm so trowa can't use it seperatly.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Due to its ammo limitations it is possibly the worst Gundam other than Sandrock in Wing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...