OtakuBoards

What's it take to be a mod?

Xra

requirements to be a mod:

1- lots of money

2- you must give all you own to Adam and James and proclaim them your rulers

3- don't bug people endlessly about wanting to be a mod (I don't consider this kind of thing "bugging" so don't think I'm hinting at anything here)

2 out of those 3 rules are fake. The other one is less of a requirement, more of an "unwritten rule" of sorts (unless it is written, in which case it'll be a written rule of sorts) if you can't guess which ones correctly, then the minute you become a mod, I leave..

(OK.. that sounds harsher than it's meant.. heh.. but seriously.. I'd be worried if anyone guessed wrong..)

small note: "I might want to get into it sometime or another" isn't really how it works..

The requirements for being a mod are.... James, other Super Mods, and other Mods.

Usually we decide who we think is best to become a next mod and for where we would think they would serve their purpose to the highest extent. Mods usually have VERY high post quality, typically are well known, usually have been here a long time, are online on various parts of the boards on a daily basis, and ofcourse someone of "higher power" must like you or think you are fit for the job. We usually look in specific forums for specific people.

And last but certainly never least, NEVER EVER ask to be a mod, it won't happen. No one here who is a mod asked. They were all appointed by James.

[color=#808080]I'll lay it down for you guys. ^_^

Moderators are selected based upon:

1) The need for new Moderators (we won't select someone if we don't need staff).

2) Post quality and attitude (people who relate well with others and have great post quality are prime candidates).

3) Rule following (people who follow the rules and take care to be accurate with 'em are the kind of people who make great Mods).

4) Online availability (if you're only online once a week, you're not what we're looking for).

And there you have it, in a nutshell.[/color]