Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was wandering if anybody else watches Medabots, or used to. *looks at avatar* I like it a lot. I was wandering if you do orif you don't.

Oh my favorite's Phantom Renegade, but I couldn't find any pictures on him, so I chose Ikki. ^_^
Posted
[color=navy]Yeah I use to watch it and I wanted to watch it this year but then they kinda screwed up the Fox line up on Saturdays so I don't know when to see it anymore. I thought it was a pretty good show though the first time I saw it I thought it was a little lame.[/color]
Posted
This was something I liked, despite it being more than a little like Pokemon in terms of its general sotory. But, unlike Pokemon, at least this went somewhere. I'm [i]still[/i] waiting for Ash to actually get into another league.

In Medabots, like Pokemon, you had your 'battle-of-the-day' style episodes, and that's more or less the basis of it. But you also had good character development in between that, which I thought Pokemon lacked. I also liked the plot line and the underlying mystery of Doctor Hushi (sp?) and the build-up to the tournament.

The animation's rather crude though, which turned me away at first, but I grew used to it. Out of main characters, I like Rokusho best. I'm not sure why. I guess he's just the clicheed mysterious friend character. In terms of 'bots, there was a dragon one which I liked but I've forgotten his name.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]Yeah, Rhys, It's on Saturdays at 7:00 and like 8:30 eastern time. Go to [url]www.medabots.com for more information.[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=navy]Ahh...man that's way too early for me. I think I'll just try and catch it on YTV...[/color]
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
i love medabots but i never see it on tv. and my favorite medabot is Sumillidon
Posted
i watched the whole first season and never watched it again.
i don't know why i mean i thought the idea of it was cool and it was very humerous.
i love the noise that metabee makes when firing on ikki!
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Mhm, I'm not a big fan of medabots I find it's dubbing and storyline to be rather lackluster and unimaginitive there have been so many animes before this show that had smiliar plots. Sadly Medabots fails to improve on it's predeccessors, and because of that it's just an average anime. Even the Japanese version is sub par when compared to other animes.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TLOL_Vash
Posted
it's actually a surpsisingly good show considering it's really just in the wake of digimon and pokemon ending was a bit unusual though, but i'm guessing that's just the ending to series one and there'll be a second series or something, good stuff, entertaining and prettu funny
Posted
To me, Medabots looks much more humorous than many other similar shows. It's, for example, much less "dramatic" than Beyblade sometimes is.
Posted
I used to watch medabots but I haven`t seen it in a long time. The thing I found most interesting about the show was the comedy. I found the show to be very funny. I also liked the plot of the show. I don`t watch it anymore because it comes on way to early. I wonder what`s happening now. I can`t even remember the last episode I saw.
Guest Saywha
Posted
yeah, i always wake up in the morning on weekdays before school and watch medabots while i eat my breakfast. Its a great show.
Posted
I watch it on Saturdays in the morning.
It's quite a good show but I've seen much better!
My favourite character is Kouji and my favourite Medabot is either Metabee or Rukusho
Guest IgnorantOne
Posted
I saw it once and liked it quite a bit. Not sure why I haven't made an effort to watch it after that one time. Pure laziness I suppose.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Medabots is not the best anime I've seen HOWEVER...

There's this one REALLY REALLY HOT character in it called Belmont.

He is just DARN CUTE!

[URL=http://www.geocities.com/Nikore_Amazaki/Belmontology.html]One of the only tow Belmont shrines on the net.[/URL]
  • 1 year later...
Guest cornball
Posted
I used to love Medabots, it was a very funny anime in its own strange little way lol :) I love Kouji, he's so awesome! I don't know why I stopped watching it, I still play the GBA Medabots game but I suppose I'm just too lazy to bother switching on the TV to watch it. :cool:
  • 3 years later...
Posted
Know what, I'm bumping this. Nostalgia calls. Anyone else remember this show?

Well, I went and watched the whole dub all over again. Apparently there's another whole season and a separate series out there, which no one has gotten around to subbing yet (I really want to see that. Too bad.)

Te thing I love about this show is how it's more of a parody of the other shows of its type than anything else. Despite that, though, it still managed not only to hold its own as a franchise for a couple of years, but also come up with storylines that were often better than the stuff it was parodying.

Other things I liked were Ikki and Metabee's dueling personalities even though they were such good friends, Rokusho and just about everything about him, the Rubberobos (even less competent than Team Rocket, but so much more entertaining) and Mr. Referee, who is basically the defining factor of the show.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='DuoMax']its stiil on? OMG! I thought it was dead! I love that show. So very similar that different from pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Back in the day though that was the shiznit :luv: but now its just lame.
Posted
I remember watching this show when I was a little girl, besides watching this show on saturday mornings, I also watched other little kiddie anime such as pokemon, digimon, monster rancher, time detective flint and mon colie knights.
Posted
Wow. I remember that show. I used to watch it all the time. But I don't think they show it anymore. =/ It was actually a pretty good show. =]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...