OtakuBoards

Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age

Bremma

What do any of you guys know about this game? I know its To be released on the 14th of April and heard that you can transfer your old data to the new cartride, but for a point, Issac, Garret, Ivan and Mia fight your new party of Felix, Jenna, Alex and Sabia, but you also play them too.. What have you guys heard?

I have heard a bit... I know of two supposed methods of transferring the data too! :excited:
1. by link cable (duh)
2. (this works on my GBA which is a PAL version)
If you have beaten the game and you have a "Clear Data" file saved, then you can get a hidden potion called "SEND". While on the main menu (with New Game, continue, Copy etc...) just hold R, L, and left on the +Control Pad, now press B, then A.

Try it and see for yourself. (I don't know if this will work on NTSC or other formats, or if there are other formats for GBA's at all, lol. :D

Man, I must be insane because I'm one of the only people who can't seem to get into Golden Sun. It really bothers me too, because I loved the game at first. The combat system with the Djinn summons was nice, and the dungeons were laid out well (the puzzle elements reminded me of a more complex Wild Arms with the tool system substituting for magic).

Over time I just stopped playing though. It's a shame because they herald it as one of the best RPGs on [i]any[/i] system. Perhaps I'll try to get into it again when the Gameboy Advance SP releases. If I can, I'll definitely pick up the sequel. The feedback on it has been great. I've even heard a bit about the transferring of data, as you mentioned.

Overall, I think the it's going to be much like Golden Sun, but expanded in every area. Like, it won't reinvent the formula or anything, which is nice. If what I've heard is true, the game will be longer with more sub quests and an increased number of Djinn.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Man, I must be insane because I'm one of the only people who can't seem to get into Golden Sun. It really bothers me too, because I loved the game at first. The combat system with the Djinn summons was nice, and the dungeons were laid out well (the puzzle elements reminded me of a more complex Wild Arms with the tool system substituting for magic).

Over time I just stopped playing though. It's a shame because they herald it as one of the best RPGs on [i]any[/i] system. Perhaps I'll try to get into it again when the Gameboy Advance SP releases. If I can, I'll definitely pick up the sequel. The feedback on it has been great. I've even heard a bit about the transferring of data, as you mentioned.

Overall, I think the it's going to be much like Golden Sun, but expanded in every area. Like, it won't reinvent the formula or anything, which is nice. If what I've heard is true, the game will be longer with more sub quests and an increased number of Djinn. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=00339]I couldn't of said it better.

It was pretty much my favorite gameboy RPG, but then... i just stopped playing it because my data corrupted... and i never could get back into it... though i did try. [/COLOR]

Golden Sun had great music and graphics... Some pretty cool dungeon layouts, good monster designs and I really liked being able to use your powers on the field to affect things.

The problem is that the story sucked, the translation was boring, the characters were completely uninteresting, the battles were archaic (this is the first game since FF where I had to worry about characters attacking dead enemies)... Plus you could basically plow through every fight using nothing but Djinn. It was horribly balanced.

I expect no less from the second one, as Camelot has this same problem with all of their RPGs. I think they should stick to sports style stuff like Hot Shots Golf and Mario Golf.

I really wish Magical Vacation would come out here... Then something as average as this wouldn't be considered amazing. Oh well, my opinion of course.