OtakuBoards

Deleted post

Mnemolth

I responded to a post by Lady Macaiodh when she said something and ended with muttering to herself in the Homosexuality thread. I replied something akin to "You know, of course, that talking to oneself is the first sign of insanity", with a smiley, or something like that. I can't see it now.

I'm not going to argue about the virtues or appropriateness of my response (if anyone's noticed I've stopped doing that for a while now). My suggestion is this, if my post is going to be edited or deleted, can I please be informed, preferrably by clearing the entire post and editing it with some thing simple like "This is inappropriate" or whatever, and with the name of mod/admin that took the action.

If you really must wipe away the existence of the post altogether, as if it never happened, then can the mod/admin that took that action please PM me.

This is the second time I've made a thread like this on this forum. I'm not sure where the other one is but it was several months ago. If this happens a third time I don't think I'll be making any more posts on the issue. Either its a technical problem that people cannot fix, or an administrative policy people refuse to change. In any case, it'd be pointless of me to repeat myself. :D

Cheers. :)

I didn't delete it, though, it was a little unwarranted.

The way I see it, I probably would've let it be...possibly adding my own comment to it about appropriatness and things of that nature. It's nothing to get riled up over, just someone doing their job as they see it fit, which is exactly what we're supposed to do. :)

-Justin

I did not delete the post. But, it was obviously deleted because it held no relevancy to the topic. I think you already know that. You said, the purpose of this thread isn't really to debate the relevancy of the post, but I find it impossible not to delve into.

The issue is that moderators deal with so many members that it would be too much of a time consuming burden to give everyone special attention. Staff, for the most part, expect members who have visited the forums on a daily basis for an extended period of time to understand why their posts have been deleted.

If your post is going to be edited, you will receive an explanation. There's no exception to that rule. Moderators must leave a clearly visible message in your post. It's a very serious issue when a member's post has been edited inappropriately.

[color=#808080]I deleted your post, Mnemolth. And it was 100% warranted.

You had made several posts in that thread (most addressed to Lady M), which were both off topic and slightly rude.

If Moderators were to PM every member whose posts they remove, we'd be sitting here all day. The staff do not have the time (and are not in the business of) informing members whenever a post is removed.

Whenever you post something at OtakuBoards, we always reserve the right to make a judgement on what you post and to determine whether or not it is appropriate. If it's not appropriate, the post will be removed.

In this case, I'd left your other posts in place, despite the fact that they were most inappropriate and unwarranted. But, your more recent post seemed to be the continuation of a trend; so I put a stop to it.

As I said, we don't have the time to send a courtesy call to every member who may have their post/s removed for whatever reason. I'm sorry if our own processes do not adhere to your personal timetable, but we are simply not going to change our administrative operations based upon the fact that you had one post deleted.

Note: I'm sorry if my post comes off as a bit harsh or blunt...but Mnemolth, you [i]do[/i] complain at the drop of a hat.

[/color]