Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Correction about Android 8


Recommended Posts

Guest Strider Xero
Posted
I saw @ [url]http://www.theotaku.com/dragonball/characters.shtml[/url] they made a tiny mistake about Android #8. It wasn't actually Dr. Gero that created him, it was Dr. Frappe. Just wanted to tell the ones who didn't know that. Why Toriyama made it that way? I have no idea. It's like biggest plot hole in all of DragonBall.
Posted
[color=red]Who said it was a plot hole? What probably happened was Dr. Flappe made the first 8 as sort of prototypes that were somewhat flawed(you'll remember 8, unlike the others, had a conscience right from the start) and Dr. Gero, several years later, found the plans and continued constructing them from 9 to 20.

--Chris[/color]
Guest Strider Xero
Posted
Funny...I dont remember anywhere in the manga or anime indicating what you just said.
Posted
[color=red]I didn't say it was. I just said it's a possibility. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. I dunno, but that's my theory.

...and with my luck, it's probably wrong -_-

--Chris[/color]
Guest Strider Xero
Posted
Yeah you're wrong, and I am RIGHT!! MUAHAHAHA! LoL j/k.
Guest Strider Xero
Posted
Nah, he's in the original DragonBall series. I'm not sure if they got that far in Cartoon Network, but if they did you should have seen him. The idea of his appearance is obviously Frankenstein. He had absolutely no intention of killing anyone or anything. However, if he wasnt kind hearted, Gokou would have died....very easily.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]Yes, obi-wan, Android #8 was in DragonBall. If you have seen that at all, Gokou referred to him as "Eighter". The big guy that helped Gokou through Muscle Tower.

[center][img]http://www.dbgtn.com/images/info/biosdb_android08.jpg[/img][/center][/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Gokou has some name for Android 8... I can't remember what it is though... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hatchan.

In Japanese, he's known as Jinzouningen Hatchigou, so Goku renamed him Hatchan. The reason Goku called him that is because Goku couldnt pronounce "Jinzouningen". So he just called him "Hatchan" for short.
Posted
Here's what i think: They settled for "Eighter" for mostly one reason. Not everyone who watches DragonBall is big on anime, Fact is, a lot of younger kiddies watch DragonBall. And to them, it wouldn't matter if you called Eighter "C-3PO," they'd still say
"Mommy, the big Frankenstein guy just saved Goku from the cold!"

So to them, as long as they don't have to say Android Eight every waking moment, they're okay with that... Even if they don't realize it, it's true.

Hey, its just a theory.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]Hatchan.

In Japanese, he's known as Jinzouningen Hatchigou, so Goku renamed him Hatchan. The reason Goku called him that is because Goku couldnt pronounce "Jinzouningen". So he just called him "Hatchan" for short. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew it was based on the word "eight"... i just forgot what it was lol. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...