Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Pesonally they are probably one of if not my favorite bands of all time. I was devastated when good ol' singer died, but I think it helped them actualy. I mean media wise. Unfortunatly.

I love them so much. I mean they are a great band, what do you people think of them?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B]Pesonally they are probably one of if not my favorite bands of all time. I was devastated when good ol' singer died, but I think it helped them actualy. I mean media wise. Unfortunatly.

I love them so much. I mean they are a great band, what do you people think of them? [/B][/QUOTE]

If you loved them so much, you'd know that their Frontman was named Dave Williams.
Posted
Yes, I always love Drowning Pool. I found out about them about a month before they hit it big with "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor". It really sucks that Dave died. He died only 2 or 3 weeks before Ozzfest came to San Antonio. So I never got to see them live. :(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]If you loved them so much, you'd know that their Frontman was named Dave Williams. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry for being on a suger high and brain dead. O.o

Sheesh someone's touchy....

Anyway...Just curiouse did anyone ever find out why he died. I could never find out how.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]All I know he died on a tour bus. Im pretty sure it wasn't drug related or anything like that. I dunno though, it could just be my imagination.
I am scared, because he has the same name as my dad. Hee hee.
I haven't really heard much of them, but I did hear 'Let the Bodies hit the floor' about the 6 months ago. It's a pretty cool track, but I don't really like them. They have a weird sound, and if this was a year ago, I would like them, but I don't now, my likes and dislikes of music have changed lots.[/color][/size]
Posted
i cant recall the exact cause of death. in fact, im not sure if it was even released. i do know that you are correct about the "on the bus" part.

ps- i think you just got my votes for avatar and sig of the year for next years Otaku Awards.
*loves brad pitt*
mmm...brad-pittness.
*squeals like a school girl*
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue][quote][i]Original said by some dumb website[/i]
Contrary to speculation, Drowning Pool singer Dave Williams died from natural causes, according to a
coroner's toxicology report.
It was concluded last Friday that the 30-year-old singer died from cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart
muscle, the report said. Williams' condition, concentric left ventricular hypertrophy, prevents blood flow
from the left ventricle to the right. Williams was never diagnosed with the disease, the cause of which is
unknown.
The report also states nasal swabs showed no traces of cocaine and the drug was not found in his
system.
The Dallas-based Drowning Pool were on tour with Ozzfest when Williams' body was discovered on their
tour bus in Manassas, Virginia, on August 14.
A public funeral was held August 18 in Plano, Texas, and plans for a DVD chronicling Williams' life is in
the works. [/quote]
See, I told you it wasn't drug related. I do have a good ol' memory! Bit of a strange death though.

*off topic*Thanks you Treton, Brad Pitt kicks butt*off topic*[/color][/size]
Posted
All I know about drowning pool is that they were awesome and it is a really messed up deal about what happened to dave williams.

[QUOTE]I personally I didnt think that they had another hit in them [/QUOTE]

I think they had what it takes to be up there with bands like godsmack, and disturbed. They were awesome.
Posted
[color=limegreen]I also thought this band was indeed good and definetely would of had another song in them. I had the album 'Sinner' and I reckon it was pretty good, but repeated a bit. Could of made it a bit longer as well, but otherwise it was very good.

Therefore I'm sad about Dave Williams' death. :([/color]
Posted
[b]Bodies[/b] was majorly over played I'll agree to that, although their other songs I think are still great! Its nice to go back and listen to [b]Bodies[/b] every once in a while, so ya know its all good. ^.^
  • 3 years later...
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, right now they're probably one of my favorite bands. I have been listening to them and Deftones a good bit lately, because I love pretty much all their's and Drowning Pool's song's. I think both of them are awesome and have a great sound, and like I said I have been listening to them quite a bit lately, but I just recently started to really listen to them. One of my favorite song's by them is "Mute". So, in conclusion, yes, I think Drowning Pool is an awesome group. Rock on.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]This thread goes all the way back to 2003...please don't resurrect threads from too many years ago. Peoples' opinions are bound to have changed since then.

Feel free to create a new thread if you still want to have a discussion about the band.[/FONT]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...