Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was wondering if anybody here likes JRock. Gackt, Malice Mizer, Dir en Grey, L'arc~en~Ciel(LARUKU). Any seem familiar? Just wondering. None of my friends like it so I don't have anybody to talk about it.:wigout:
Posted
I like a bit of Malice Mizer and some Dir En Grey, I'm not a harcore fan of Jrock, I just like a few songs.

I learned about J Rock here, so you've come to the right place :)
Posted
I like J-Rock except, I don't know any band names. :laugh: Lol. I listen to some stuff my friend has but I never asked him what bands they are yet. I'm going to soon. Needless to say, I enjoy what I've heard though. I think being a fan of rock in general is why I like it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jarjarblinks [/i]
[B]I was wondering if anybody here likes JRock. Gackt, Malice Mizer, Dir en Grey, L'arc~en~Ciel(LARUKU). Any seem familiar? Just wondering. None of my friends like it so I don't have anybody to talk about it.:wigout: [/B][/QUOTE]

You're hardcore man.
Posted
Transtic hasn't posted yet....amazing!

Transtic Nerve is insanely into them, well atleast he used to be, he hasn't talked about them much. I still remember the nude Gackt photos....*drools at the thought*

Yeah but thanks to TN I got into Malice Mizer and Gackt....and from there I just kept getting into it, so yeah I'm into all of them!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B]Transtic hasn't posted yet....amazing!

Transtic Nerve is insanely into them, well atleast he used to be, he hasn't talked about them much. I still remember the nude Gackt photos....*drools at the thought*

Yeah but thanks to TN I got into Malice Mizer and Gackt....and from there I just kept getting into it, so yeah I'm into all of them![/B][/QUOTE]

Well TN has school and work and stuff, which are slightly more important than a message board.

"all of them" is quite the hyperbole, there.

AND, one does not capitalize "hide".
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]
AND, one does not capitalize "hide". [/B][/QUOTE]

Did I? ...****! :therock: Oppsie...I gotta fix that...

Weee, people that like J Rock. I didn't think there'd be so many responses. Yay! I'm pretty crazy 'bout J Rock. I wouldn't say that I'm hardcore. Not yet anyways.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jarjarblinks [/i]
[B]I wouldn't say that I'm hardcore. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nobody would.

It was sarcasm, namely because most of the bands you listed aren't even rock.

But anyway, this isn't really the place to discuss Japanese music of the rock variety. You could, but Transtic Nerve and I are the only ones who'd be able to respond most likely. Unless it was about Gackt or Dir en grey or whatever because they're so appealing to Americans for some reason.

And hide's birthday is December 13th, not 19th.
Posted
What I ment by "all of them" was all of the ones that jarjarblinks mentioned.

I also like Ayumi Hamasaki. I don't think thats JRock, but she's awesome. Amuro Namie's first album was also good. Her second is to popish for my preference.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I found out what J-Rock was, after I found out what K-Rock was. ^_^;

I found out about L'Arc~en~Ciel after Wrist Cutter posted up a few of their songs. Then, I saw a few of their posters and CD's at Japantown, sooo... I took a sample. ^^;

My favorite J-Rock artists are...:

1) L'Arc~en~Ciel
2) Amuro Namie (sp?)
3) Morning Musume
4) BoA (Especially #1 and Valenti)

Lots of others, I just can't remember the names. ^_^; I'll edit this later...[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Ah. I think that's it... *thinks hard*

Are the girls about... 13-16 years old? I remember seeing them on 'Hey! Hey! Hey!' a few weeks ago, and I heard quite a few of their songs. ^_^;

But yeah, I think that was the name...[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]

But anyway, this isn't really the place to discuss Japanese music of the rock variety.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, really? Sorry. I'll go away now, sorry for bugging you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...