Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
When i was a kid, 5 or 6 years old i saw some movies that i seem to recall were anime, they were kinda like gundam wing, with the giant robots battling each other. The one thing i remember is that the driver of the robot, was in a chamber, hooked up to a machine, and then whatever he did was mimikced by the robot. so when he punched the robot did, when he kicked the robot kicked etc. It was more of maertial arts robot as opposed to weapons. I was wondering if this seemes familier to anyone, and if they could tell me the name of it, i dont know much aobut anime outside of DBZ, and Yu-gi-oh so id like to be able to know the one i enjoyed so much as a kid.
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]That sounds like Mobile Fighter G Gundam. The robots are piloted in a massive tournament for the right to rule the Universe, though that series focuses more on Neo Japan pilot Domon Kasshu trying to find his brother, who escaped to Earth. The series has been airing on Cartoon Network as of late, and I have a section about it on my website if you want to learn more (the links in my sig).

Hope that helps!

--Chris[/color][/font][/size]
Posted
Doesnt sound like G gundam! (wires connected to the pilot not quite gundam style.) But I have no Idea either... hey people read my post for my forgotten anime I am really curious if you have ever seen any thing like it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I remember HBO showing Unico. I didnt even know what anime was back then, just a girl who liked little unicorns and Katie the Kitty Cat. Still like it to this day.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, I loved Unico, too. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

As for your dilemma, I have no idea what you saw. I remember when I was a kid I watched Voltron and Thunder Cats. ^_^[/color][/size]
Guest nasuke
Posted
Sounds alot like G Gundam to me. The pilots stand in a chamber within the gundam and control the it by moving their body parts as they want the gundam to.
Posted
G gundam is too new of a show, read origional post. The show he is looking fo aired when he was a kid. Unless he managed to get ***. bootlegs of G gundam that just came about about 3 or 4 years ago.......

Thus, it is more likely that its not G Gundam because of the time difference.
Posted
[color=royalblue]I think it's Teknoman.
Where they get into robots with use of special crystals and stuff
......well that's what I think.......
What do you guys reckon??I haven't seen Teknoman for ages.Since I was a bit younger.[/COLOR]
Posted
Im gonna get my BF to read this thread later tonight. Hes great at obscure Anime. Perhaphs he will know what it is. He is always coming off the wall with something I had never even heard of. Esp. some of the older junk.
Posted
I don't know of any anime like this but it does sound very similar to a live-action flick called RoboJox, it has the huge robots and the pilots control them with their own movements.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Ha thats too easy Robots connected to wires, and Martial arts would only leave 2 animes dating back to the late 80's. One question I have to ask...how was the animation style and was there a Samuri Mech? If so I have the answer to your question.
Guest Watinabe
Posted
I once saw an old kick *** anime where there were three cool main character guys and they all had collers that could be detinated if they violated there paroll. they worked as a type of police one had a gun with brown hair the other had orange hair and was big and the last looked like he wore lipstick and had whit hair with a ittle blade do you know what this anime is? In the first episode I saw they fought a dead guy that had tooken control of a building. and the white haired dude fought a campire women. and the orange haired guy a cyborg. sorry for the sloppy typing running out of time! see ya.
Guest c16621
Posted
Watinabe:

That anime was Cyber City Oedo: 808.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...