OtakuBoards

- The Armageddon Conformity -

DeathKnight

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Ulrich cried out in alarm as Mykkael suddenly flickered, and momentarily disappeared. He came back swearing under his breath.[/I]

Ulrich: Are we being attacked?

Mykkael: No, I'm just being summoned. You'd better come along, that's all.

Ulrich: Summoned where?

Mykkael: To wherever Kenratu is, I would suppose. This should be good.

[I]Despite the amused note in Mykkael's voice, Ulrich, quite naturally, found the prospect somewhat alarming.[/I]

Ulrich: You want me to go with you into the middle of your kind? I'll be killed?

Mykkael: Not bloodly likely.

[I]Without further words, Mykkael grabbed Ulrich's hand, and the world spun around them, like the rotation of the earth had increased exponentially. Ulrich vomited, or thought he did, but when it stopped, he wasn't sure.

Shades surrounded them. A lot of Shades. Some of them just glanced curiously. Some of them looked at Ulrich in scorn. One or two looked at Mykkael in disbelief. One of those stepped forward, and the others gave way. Mykkael didn't let him get a word in.[/I]

Mykkael: Of all the stupid things you've done, why the hell did you bring me back? Let's face it, its slightly more than detrimental, and I'll be of no willing help to you, and god knows more than one of your young fools here will annoy me into doing something stupid.

Kenratu: And what is that doing here?

Mykkael: Haven't decided. But he should be useful.

Kenratu: For another one of your hidden agendas?

Mykkael (Laughing harshly): Of course. It wouldn't do for anything to be understood, would it now. At least, that was the reason I was given.

Kenratu: Get out of here. Now. But I wouldn't try to leave the camp. You can keep your pet for now.

[I]Mykkael gave an ironic bow, laughing to himself. Ulrich, who hadn't dared say anything, followed quickly.

Mykkael led them to the outskirts of the camp, and settled down against a large rock. Ulrich sat down a few feet away, constantly scanning the camp.[/I]

Mykkael: Relax. No one will come near you when your with me.

Ulrich: I thought no one knew you?

Mykkael: Most don't. But we can tell how old one other are, and our powers tend to increase with age. Or maybe its only that those who are strong originally survive the longest. And any who are old enough will remember me, and avoid me. One or two may hold grudges, but I wouldn't recommend they try anything.

[i]His following bent of evil laughter made Ulrich agree with him.[/font][/color][/I]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]In response to the laughter, Amatros reared his head back, letting a shrill roar escape from the pit of his stomach. Shade and human alike backed away, only a step or two, but still lost their footing. The noise was just about as loud as a train to an infant, with the same results. Several humans covered their ears, tears streaming off their cheeks.

Apparently, until now, the presence of Mykkael was unnoticed by Amatros, but now...

The dragon dashed forward, as if some type of giant bat scurrying to eat some minuscule bug. Literally bowling over Shades that had been stupid enough to not move, Amatros shot forward like a ballistic missile. He stopped short some ten feet from Mykkael, and this...human...that stood so freely in this camp.

Lowered to the ground, Amatros cried out, a throaty howl, as a pale magma-like salvia curled from his lip and scorched the earth beneath him.[/i]

[b]Amatros:[/b] [i]"YOU?! What the Hell are YOU doing here? And why have you not killed this HUMAN?! You know the purpose of your existance!"[/i]

[i]Mykkael gave a wry chuckle.[/i]

[b]Mykkael:[/b] "It's so nice to see you, too, Amatros. Glad to see you're still as, excuse the pun, fiery as you were so long ago. And the human. Well, he has yet to serve a purpose for me, so until then, he lives."

[i]Eyes ablaze with rage, Amatros roared once more, the actual force from the sound waves kicking up dust. Kenratu called the dragon's name, and Amatros' head snapped around, taking flight. He came to a pause over the human paddock, and dropped straight down. One middle age woman shrieked in horror, and tried to dive out of the way, but it was too late. Amatros' hind legs came down first, claws dicing her body into chunks of flesh. As the rest of his body came down, the ground shook slightly, causing some to sway.

Howling again as he sent out a jet stream of napalm from his fanged mouth, Amatros torched what little humans lingered in front of him. Kenratu called out, slightly worried this time, and actually flinched when the beast took off again, for he did it with such force that you would have thought the area was subjected to a tornado. Eyes traced the dragon as it flew off into the distance. No one moved. Not an inch....[/i]

[color=royalblue][i]Rayne had finally arrived on the outskirts of the city and sighed heavily.[/i]

[b]Rayne:[/b] That took long enough. Now, to... Oh, no...

[i]Rayne felt herself being summoned by Kenratu. After all that walking, she'd finally gotten to where she wanted to be, and[/i] now [i]he decides to call her. All her feelings could be conveyed in one word.[/i]

[b]Rayne:[/b] Sh--

[i]Just as she was about to finish, she disappeared and was instantly transported to the gathering spot. Once there, she glanced around at every one who was staring into the distance at a fading dot that could only be Amatros. She then saw the still smouldering cage with blood strewn around it and blinked, then walked over to Kenratu and stood next to him.[/i]

[b]Rayne:[/b] What's wrong with him?

[i]Kenratu took a short glance at her, then looked over in Mykkael's direction. Rayne looked past him and saw the human next to him.[/i]

[b]Rayne:[/b] Oh, boy.

[b]Kenratu:[/b] Exactly.[/color]

[size=1]That is certainly one way to do it. Amatros could easily decimate this world by himself. I finnaly lost sight of the dot in the air and turned to leave. I walked thought the stunned ranks of Shades, none of them bothering to part. I pushed my way through. It didn't matter. I would leave, again. I made my way to the very edge of the camp. I could see the road I had originally took. I pushed the last Shade out of my way and stepped back onto the road.

The world twisted around me. Up became down. Left became right. Forward, backward. I closed my eyes and swallowed. My feet hit solid ground and I ground my teeth together. I was right back where I started. In the middle of the mass of Shades.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "Damn you Kenratu," I whispered. I looked up at the makeshift podium our race had constructed, and waited.[/size]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Mykkael looked down, shaking his head in disgust. Ulrich was curled up, rocking back and forth, shaking. He reached downand put a hand on his shoulder...

...and found himself on his back, Ulrich standing above him, in a low, ready stance. Mykkael blinked a few times. It had been a long, long time since anyone, human, Shade, or otherwise, had pulled a trick like that on him. Ulrich was nice enough to offer him a hand up.[/I]

Mykkael: Was that because you're actually as skittish as a deer, or because you wanted to make a point?

Ulrich: The latter. As long as all your friends think I'm a cowering worm, then they won't bother trying to take me down a peg or two.

Mykkael: You had me fooled.

Ulrich: Wasn't hard.

[I]Mykkael conceded the point with a wave. He turned slowly, watching the podium, as, with little fanfare, Kenratu mounted. Now, finally, the part he had been waiting for. The inspiring, dramatic, politically motivated, conniving, underhanded, duplicitious, undignified speech from a low-down, gutless, newt spawn misfit who was going to be first against the wall when the revolution came....

Yes, Mykkael was willing to admit he had opinions. Quite vocally at times...[/font][/color][/I]

[center][b]**:: Dream ::**[/b][/center]

[i]McD lifted his head to see the small boy sitting beside him in the all so familiar pick-up truck. He took his eyes off the road and touched the boy's shoulder, he gave a small, shy, smile. As McD's eyes gased back to the road, he felt something dig deep into his skin! He sharply turned and pulled his hand away. The small boy was a half Shade and half human. He was so groteque McD phisically vomitted, with blood and sick spraying the car he turned around once mopre, to find the small boy/shade morphed into the shade that attacked the pick-up truck. Huge claws lashed into his face ripping out his eyes...[/i]

[center][b]**:: Dream ::**[/b][/center]

[i]McD jumps to conciousness, his whole body covered in sweat. The feeling that is running through him is like a sonic boom. It feels like his whole body has just imploded. He gazes out the window, to see the 3 corpses laying there. The Driver's arm is being chewed on by a cayote as the rest are decomposing from the help of maggots and flies. McD shudders, then searches the turck for some kind of clue of were he was going and what this is all about. He checked under the seats, in the back. Finaly he opened the glove compartment. A small map was folded up, weathered and old. As McD took a gander at it, there was a route and building higlighted. On the back of the sheet was a Code and Password:

Code: 077334433
Pass: Alpha 737

McD knew what he must do, he figured that they must have been helping these people. There was another body in the back, not knowing if it was alive our dead, he sped off down the road.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kenratu[/b]: This gathering does have a purpose- trust me.

Everyone turned to see Kenratu upon the podium, in a sort of kingly glory it seemed, the wisdom and anger in his eyes fluttering consitantly back and forth. He pointed to the northeast and silence ensued, a few heads turning dumbly to where he was pointing.

[b]Kenratu[/b]: In that direction lays a moderately big human establishment- Its a city, a metropolis in the makeing with over one million people within it. That is our next target for attack. I have a few reminders from my council to tell you all. Firstly, remember somt of them have awakened, a few more than others. They shouldnt to be able to stop you, but if they can, remember that you yourselfs also have seconadry abilites aside from the physical aspects. If you have forgotten what those are, we, thankfully, do have a highly skilled master of the paranormal with us- Fresh from our home. He has a tent over there in which he can tell you how to use your powers to the fullest.

Kenratu pointed to a more mystical looking tent, runes encrusted upon it, a lone light shining out of it ominously. A few shades nodded silently after makeing a mental note of it, before returning their attention to Kenratu.

[b]Kenratu[/b]: Aside from that, we will be leaving in the morning at sunrise sharp, if any humans attack us then do not hesitate to elminate them. Take your time to prepare yourselfs, that city will most likely be defended militaryily. We have set up a blacksmith for those of you that use weapons, his tent can be found over there.

Another point of the finger, a lone Shade murmering "Great, now our leader is a press secratary". Kenratu cursed in Shade at the witty comedian, before returning back the small list that he held in his hands.

[b]Kenratu[/b]: Human meat is going to be distrubted evenly amongst our people, my advisor warns 'not to eat it all at once'- **** this. Thats all, anything else you'll have to figure out on your own.

Kenratu walked off the stage emotionless, as the Shade Advisor ran to the podium and listed off a few other things, reminding them that it was tomorrow morning was the start of the next attack. Kenratu silently sat down and took out a pack of cigarettes he had stolen, lightning it with a small lighter he had found as well. As he puffed, he relaxed a bit, frayed nerves snapping in his mind..[/color]

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "Smoking's bad for your health, sir." I plucked the cigarette from his mouth and tossed it into a puddle of water. "You'll want to watch it, your not as young as I." Kenratu gave me a menacing look and lit another one.

[b]Kenratu-[/b] "What do you want Ikturu?" I smiled and did a half-a**ed bow.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "I want nothing more than to aid in the destruction of the humans. And how am I to do that if I keep getting pulled back here?"

[b]Kenratu-[/b] "If I knew what you were planning, I may allow you to go off on your own without interferance. But I know how your mind works, Ikturu. Your planning somehting and I'm not sure if it's for the benefit of our kind." I gave him a harsh little smile and sat down.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "You know what I plan to do. You have read the same books as I. You know what's in the far north." Kenratu's eyes widened as he finnaly realized.

[b]Kenratu-[/b] "Why would you go after somehting like that? It cannot be controlled. It one of the reasons that the artifact was placed up there in the first place. I will not permit you to do it." Kenratu's eyes pierced my gaze. I looked at the ground.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "Listen Kenratu... Humans are awakening. The first ones are already beginning to harness their powers. If they mature we will not be able to win. You know this as well as I. Let me travel north. I promise not to activate it untill you tell me. But I must discover how it works if I need to put it to use. Allow me this Kenratu, and I will surrender it to you once the call for it is needed."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "And how can I rest assured that you will not use it?"

[b]Ikturu:[/b] "You have my solumn word."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "Your word is as good as a human's."

[i]Silence befell the pair as their eyes stabbed into each others'. Abruptly, after a few moments of the posionous gazes, Kenratu stood up and turned to walk away, sword resting on his shoulder.[/i]

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "I know that mages are about. They won't be able to mature unless they have someone to teach them. Without a guru of some kind, they are as helpless as any other sheep."

[b]Ikturu:[/b] "Ah, but one DOES know how to help them along."

[i]Kenratu stopped sharply, but did not turn around.[/i]

[b]Ikturu:[/b] "That's right. One of them recognized what I am. If she was old enough to know what I am, then she is very well old enough to know how to fight us."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "The one that nearly shot off your wing?"

[b]Ikturu:[/b] "Yes."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "... ... ...Then we shall need all that we can muster. Which is why I need you here. And why I am going to retrieve Amatros. Conserve your strength, Ikturu. I will keep the bind on you until we leave. After that, I expect you to follow orders. Once our numbers grow just a bit more...you can go North if you truly want to. Give me three days to pull more through the gates. By that time, I should be able to allow you to do your wishes. However, if we take significant loses...then I want to keep you here. Is that clear?"

[b]Ikturu:[/b] "Crystal."

[i]With darkening eyes, Ikturu turned away from the Shade General, who continued South, in search of the dragon, Amatros...[/i]

--- --- --- ---
Elsewhere
--- --- --- ---

[i]Amatros landed with the pyramid in front of him, facing South. It was coming upon noon, and he had to act quickly. He flew up once more, eyes glistening with anxiety. He let out a small burst of flames, covering the very tip of the monument with the napalm-like substance. Landing directly on the tip of the pyramid, then, body arched, he shot forth flames and made a complete circle around the pyramid. He then made a line, going south, from the edge of the forest to stop at the entrance of the pyramid.

The beast landed at the tip of the line, grazing the forest's edge. He waited, in silence, concentraiting. Nothing moved. Only the crackle of fire could be heard, and even that was eventually eaten up by the harsh silence.

Noon struck, and right at that moment, a pillar of fire, a tornado of flames, formed around the pyramid. It was as if it just appeared out of thin air, and it had exactly done so. Amatros' head snapped back like a howling wolf, only his cry was a raspy bellow of rage. His skin on his stomach ate away, melting into a puddle on the ground. It ran into the line of fire, but did not burn.

On quite the contrary, the flames parted way for it. The lump of flesh slid forward, as if on a slant, flames bending out of the way. Eventually, the blob came to a rest at the edge of the raging, flaming tornado. Then, like a curtain pulled away for the start of a play, the bottom of the pillar curled away, and the mass of skin moved through. The liquid-in-movement fire melded back together, and lightning rained down from the cloudless skies.

A solid minute passed, and with a shocking abruptness, the fire disappeared, as if it was a lit match suddenly touched with the oceans of the world.

From the smoking ring of wavering air, a lone figure came from the pyramid doorway. He was dressed as if he had stepped out of fuedal Japan, except he was Ikrantu. His blood-red crimson pants, styled after ancient samuri, were stained so with blood. Blotches here and there were darker, and some faded. Light scars crisscrossed his face and body.

At his waist was a scabbord, and in it was a straight sword, modelled after a katana. He stepped forward, ignoring the heat. The tribal red tattoo on his forehead closely resembled a dragon, and his eyes were a sharp crimson in color. His hair, however, was a pale white, contrasting his body greatly. Who could this be?[/i]

--- --- --- ---
Meanwhile
--- --- --- ---

[i]Kenratu's trip through the woods came to standstill when he saw the beam of fire, reaching to the heavens. Even after it's disappearance, however, he was still struck in the face by awe.[/i]

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "This can be either very good, or very bad. I must hurry."

[i]Saying his words, his wings shot out, and pushed him off the ground. Speeding into the noon air, he travelled easily at 150 KPH, and soon, the pyramid came into view, when suddenly a drastic change in the flow of mana hit him. The evil energy coming from the structure literally stung, and he recognized a force he had not felt in over two millenia...[/i]
--- --- ---

[b]Name:[/b] Arano

[b]Race:[/b] Shade

[b]Age:[/b] 4,147

[b]Weapon:[/b] [i]Deloz Fury[/i] -- Quite literally just a straight katana, forged from the fires of Hell and imfused with necromatic mana.

[b]Supernatural Power:[/b] Aside from suprising speed and strength, he can charge his blade with necromatic energy to issue a devistating explosion upon contact with the blade; Murtaku no Uki.

He can also slow time considerably at will. He speed does not increase, like Ikturu's. Rather, everything within a thirty mile radius slows, in scale, with the exception of himself. If used for a very extended period of time, he is worn out considerably, and must rest to regain his mana; Kurtu Kitzu.

[b]Bio:[/b] Born in a part of the underworld based upon Oriental roots. At the tender age of five, he killed his first human, of whom stabbed his father with a dagger. Since that day, he has often been referred to as the 'Manslayer'. Upon maturing, he trained heavily with his father's blade, using it's powers to their extent. It was around when he reached his second century that he joined ranks with Kenratu, training intensly. They considered themselves to be good friends, but in a battle of the underworld, some spies framed Arano in an assassination attempt.

Moments before the last battle, Kenratu's base torched, as his foe's was, Arano confronted his general. He explained the situation, and volunteered to lead the charge to his enemy's frontline to prove loyalty.

When the day was done, Kenratu's war won, Arano was not seen. He was thought to have perished in the fight. Apparently, it is not so now.

[b]Description:[/b] As mentioned before, Arano is dressed much like [i]Kenshin[/i], just no shirt and Shade-ified. He is a deadly, silent killer with a passion for killing humans. Sadist yet a controlled muderer, he virtually has no temper at all. Since he can keep his cool in battle, he is an effecient killer of humans, or anyone that dares cross him for that matter, thus earning him the title of 'Manslayer'.

[color=crimson][b]Kenratu[/b]: There is no possible.. He disappeared. But he's alive.. hmm. At least rumors can be put to rest now.

Tendrils of the highly dark-innate mana began to flow from his arms, the mana from his body and the idle dark-mana in the air freely flowing between each other, causeing the small tentacles of the magical energy to slowly twist and dance from his body into the air. He examined the structure carefully as he approached, a hint of caution in his eyes.

[b]Kenratu[/b]: ...... Hmm.

He landed on the outer surface of the pyramid, near the very top, and glanced out across the vastness of the terrain around him- This structure was truely gargantuan beyond all imagination, the dark energy courseing through the very material of the building. His eye spotted the enterance much further down the surface, and he lept a bit, glideing down to the enterance, where he hovered as his wings beat into the air continually.

[b]Kenratu[/b]: Nice enterance.[/color]

[i]Eyes shimmering with a respectful hate, left hand protectively on the top of the scubboard, and face emtionless. Arano slowly stepped out, black, necromatic lightning bounced around on ground level, with a slight purple hue to it. It tore ruts into the earth, scortching the very soil. It was a deadly, infected parasite to a delicate oganism. It was poison to life.

The Shade stepped forward, harsh eyes looking over the surroundings. He did not flench when Amatros took flight, heading South again. The whipping wind died as fast as it began, and the dragon was gone from sight.

Slowly, but surely, under the burning sun, Arano turned skyward, to face Kenratu. They looked at each other, as a lone lightning bolt hit the summit of the pyramid. Black thunderheads were gathering overhead, and there was a surge of electricity in the air.

Then, as if in an instant, Arano and Kenratu met on the ground, swords clashed together. Another lightning bolt struck, but did not sway the Ikrantu. Their blades quivered against the force of another's and they each jumped back, sheathing blades. Kenratu smiled, eyes closed, but then turned North.[/i]

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "Come. We must discuss much."

I watched Kenratu fly into the air. What was that large pillar of flames? I shook my head and took to the air. Perhaps the Bind was not as effective in the skies. I pushed yself faster, hoping to break through the barrier. No success. I felt the twisting of reality, just as I had before, and appeared back in front of the podium. I spat out a black glob of blood and walked over toward the blacksmiths hut. No one was in line so I stepped in.

[b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Welcome my comrade. You're my first customer. What can I do for you?" I took out my blade and set it down in front of him.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "A warming spell if you please." The man smiled and looked at me oddly.

[b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Surely you realize that we are in the center of the desert. Why would you have use for a heat oriented imbuing?" I narrowed my eyes.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "Can you do it?" He smiled again, realizing that question time was over.

[b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Yes. I can. It will take a few hours for the magic to seep in." He was coating my blade with a fine red powder which was already dissipating into the metal. "Come back tomarrow." He placed my blade on an upper shelf and gave me a claim slip. I pocketed it and walked back out of the store.

[b]Ikturu-[/b] "...Wha..." Something ran through me. Not physically, but magically. My body suddenly seemed very heavy. I wavered across the ground for a good ten feet then sat down hard. I heard my teeth clank together. I keeled over into a laying position and breathed in small gasps. It felt so evil... I closed my eyes and slipped into an uneasy bout of unconsciousness.

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Mykkael squinted upwards at the sun, trying to tell the time. Kenratu had done a runner, the entire place was jumping around like a stirred up hornet's nest. And random Shades had started annoying him. And Ulrich was getting restless. A few interesting snippets of conversation did filter through clearly though.

Such as someone's remark about the human Mages being useless without a tutor. Ulrich sat bolt upright, his eyes wide. He smiled slowly, and started a low, helpless laughter.[/I]

Ulrich: So that's what the hell I'm doing here. They want someone trained to give the people here a chance...

[I]Mykkael looked at him incredulously. He looked around quickly. It seemed several Shades had indeed heard. He looked back to the human, shaking his head in disbelief.[/I]

Mykkael: You're nearly as good as getting me into trouble as I am.

[I]He stood up, interposing himself between Ulrich and several angry looking Shades. They looked uncertain, but kept stalking towards him, muttering about treason or something similarly absurd. He risked a glance back, finding Ulrich was well out of harm's way, and running steadily. At least he was that smart. Mykkael bowed to the youngsters in front of him, and turned and left. A hand fell on his shoulder. He spun, wrenching the hand into a lock and forcing its owner onto his knees. A boot between the shoulder blades left him on his face.[/I]

Mykkael: Bad idea.

[i]He wasn't really bothered as he caught up to the fleeing human.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]Breaking into the dense jungle, Ulrich wiped sweat from his brow, clearing his vision once more. As soon as he blinked, he was on the ground, a throbbing pain in the back of his skull. He tried to stand, but the incredible force that knocked him down had not let up. Strangulation by an inhuman, icy grip, and Ulrich's eyes floated up, rolling up into his head.

Arano had moved forward of Kenratu at hearing the human stomp through the wood like a dumb cow. He slowly drew his sword with his right arm, left keeping the man pinned to the Earth. The Deloz Fury stood straight up in the air, and a downward arc would spell death for Ulrich.

Mykkael dove forward with a strong left fist extended. He caught Arano in the side of the face with the blow, sending him flying into a tree with a crack. Mykkael rolled into his dive, stopping gracefully at the edge of a deep ravine.

He kicked Ulrich in the side slightly, causing him to wake, and roll over coughing for air. Mykkael picked him up by the back of his shirt.[/i]

[b]Mykkael:[/b] "It would be wise to NOT do that again."

[i]A stunning blow came from behind, catching Mykkael in the back of the skull, and flying into a thornbush, leaving Ulrich to fall forward due to Mykkael still being attached to him...at least until the collar of his shirt ripped.

There, Arano stood, the flat of his sword with a slight black stain on it. Blood. Mykkael's blood. The blow had not been a slash, but it had split the skin. A groan came from Mykkael as he stood, unsheathing his blade.[/i]

[b]Arano:[/b] "And it would be wise for you to not ever do that again. Not like you'll have a chance."

[b]Mykkael:[/b] "Ah, well I'll be... Arano. I thought you were dead."

[b]Arano:[/b] "...Mmm. The traitor. I can only pray that you were chasing this pig in order to slaughter him."

[b]Mykkael:[/b] "Well, not at the immediate moment."

[b]Arano:[/b] "Torture, at least?"

[b]Mykkael:[/b] "I have a purpose for him before he dies. Let's leave it at that."

[i]Arano looked away, to the North, thoughtfully. A slight hum came from him, and he turned back to face Mykkael. His eyes darted to the human, who was now getting to his feet, inch by inch. Arano gazed back at Mykkael, a calm hatred seething in his eyes. A painstakingly long minute crept by, a ringing in Mykkael's ears...and Arano sheathed his sword.[/i]

[b]Arano:[/b] "Very well. Make sure he stays put though. I would hate to hear that he got away and told the humans about us. I would also hate to think that you helped him. I would, however, love to kill you after thinking you helped him."

[i]A rustling came from the North, and several Shade came crashing through the brush. They instantly stopped in their tracks, seeing Arano. Afterall, legends rarely appear before you.

They stammered, glancing around, and fell back. Kenratu stepped through a rough bush from the left, causing the newly arrived Shades to jump and shriek in horror.

In a word, this day was ****ed.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kenratu[/b]: Why is everyone congregating in the middle of a forest? Out for tea? The scenery is choice, I must say.

A look of annoyance came over Kenratus face as he glanced at Ulrich and Mykkael, back to the shades who were still dumbfounded at Arano and Kenratu's combined presence. Kenratu glanced at Arano, who was emotionless at best, then back to Mykkael and Ulrich, and finally on the Shades, the shock on their faces waining.

[b]Shade[/b]: That traitor.. That traitor right there. He..

[b]Kenratu[/b]: Speak in paragraphs. It helps.

Another shade walked to Kenratu, bowing before starting his own explination of the events, in a much calmer way then the other had attempted.

[b]Shade[/b]: We overhead him, you see it seems-

[b]Kenratu[/b]: Nevermind. I just stopped giving a damn. Just get prepare for tomorrow, whatever that 'Traitor' does will prove more interesting than you explaining it.

Kenratu walked foreward, passing by Ulrich and Mykkael, dissappearing between the foliage that blocked out the soon, the hint of necromatic mana lingering in the air from the power he hid..[/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Mykkael turned away a moment, conferring momentarily with Ulrich. Arano went to step past, following Kenratu. Mykkael spun back, placing a hand on his shoulder, looking at Arano with a slight smile, bitter as it was, on his face.[/I]

Mykkael: Despite the fact that you're one of the biggest son of a ***** I know, and we both want to kill each other, it was indeed good to see you again.

[I]Mykkael propelled him forward, and stalked off without further words. Ulrich didn't move for a second, looking at both of them, one to the other and back. Arano turned momentarily and looked at him. Ulrich did the smart thing and disappeared. He caught up with Mykkael and spun him around, looking at him questioningly.[/I]

Ulrich: What the hell was that all about?

Mykkael: Last time we spoke, I mentioned that I operated on a three step system. First time around, I ignore them. Second time, I give them a warning. Third time....heads start to roll.

[I]Ulrich just shook his head, and kept walking. Mykkael followed, though he was certain Ulrich had no idea where he was going.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]It was gaining on nightfall now, Arano getting accustomed to his surroundings. It was much like his home as a child before he left for training, only hotter. This bleak clearing of greenish-brown underbrush nearly reminded him of rice patties, a favorite place for him to escape to when he was bored or feeling adventurous.

As he walked into the camp, eyes traced him with wonder, curiosity, and confusion. Some whispered amongst themselves, some avoided the subject by eating and drinking, and some outright ignored him.

However, in a tent near the podium, a soft glow came from within, due to a small fire. Inside sat eight Shades, a war council. Among them was Kenratu, his Advisor, Leila, Rayne, and Arano. They sat on small, smoothed rocks, discussing the next day.[/i]

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "I suppose we should do a mockup of our first attack. The only problem is that Amatros is gone to who-knows-where."

[b]Arano:[/b] "He's lost his sentience for a while. Sadly, the magick he performed cost him his mind for around three days. After that, he'll have to go into a two-week hibernation. It's a rare spell that can be used to summon anything from anywhere. But the selected location has to involve that specific anything."

[b]Advisor:[/b] "Does this mean that tomorrow's attack is postponed until then?"

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "No, of course not. We'll just follow our original plan when we were unsure if Amatros would be able to come into this world; we'll section off the cities. Put up a necromantic barrier. I trust that, you, Arano, can do something to that effect. Or maybe Leila can forge a wall of fire."

[b]Arano:[/b] "Murtaku no Uki does little over large distances; go with the latter."

[b]Leila:[/b] "I don't know if I could keep it up for long periods of time, however."

[b]Shade General:[/b] "Why not just start fires throughout the city? It wouldn't be anything like Amatros could do, but it would have moreover the same effect."

[b]Shade General2:[/b] "Or we could just storm the entire city like all Hell. If we do it at the right time, it would be no problem."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "Hmm. This has become increasingly difficult."

[b]Arano:[/b] "Well. There [i]might[/i] be a way to get Amatros back...now. But he wouldn't be as strong as he currently is. He would revert to what he was when you first crossed him over to this dimension. It would take a few hours, Kenratu, but with the Rune, it would be a simple incantation. Ten minutes of chanting in the native tongue, and sit and repeat the spell in you mind for the next three hours. And he would just appear over the gate, and that's it."

[b]Kenratu:[/b] "Very well. Clear the area. I don't want any distractions."