Jump to content
OtakuBoards

what is the best yugioh boster pack to get?


Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]This should really be in the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20652]Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread[/URL].

It doesn't matter that much, although the Legend of Blue Eyes set provides cards that are a good base for starting your deck off, and includes all of the original five staples, I think. Although Change of Heart was in Metal Raiders too...

So really it's up to you. The monsters in each set seem to get more diverse and powerful and there are increasing numbers of traps and magic cards in each. There are good cards and bad cards in each set, so it really depends on what type of deck you want to build.

*shrugs* It's not a clear-cut question. I'm not too sure. I like Metal Raiders, though, if for no other reason than it has a nice-coloured packet :bluesweat[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
ok man thanks i will get that deck and i will try to build my own deck!! I hope i get some good cards!
Posted
I prefer Pharoa's Servant and Labyrinth of Nightmare. My grandmother bought me a ton of Magic Ruler, and I didn't get much. That's probably my least favorite. Next to Legend of Blue-eyes, of course. While you still get good cards (rarely), they're overpriced and have too many bad cards.

Whereas I've gotten many good cards in Labyrinth of Nightmare, Pharoa's Servant and Metal Raiders.
Posted
yup, I think the best sets are Metal Raiders, Labyrinth of Nightmares and Pharaoh's Servant in that order. Though you should not overlook the fact some of the best magic (DUH) cards were in Magic Rulers: Mystical Space Typhoon, Axe of Despair, Snatch Steal, Giant Trunade, Megamorph, Delinquent Duo, Confiscation...

But I'll have to admit 90% of the common/rares in Magic Rulers were crap. Notable exceptions are Rush Recklessly, Malevolent Nuzzler, Gravekeeper's Servant, Cyber Jar, Dark Zebra and Spear Cretin. Those are my personnal opinions, though.
Posted
I did get Confiscation, Snatch Steal, Relinquished and the Ritual, but still felt that what I got wasn't enough for so many booster packs.

They do have a few good commons, but you mentioned those.
Posted
I like LOB just cause it has Exodia. But my others are LON, PSV, MRD, and MRL. LON has some really interesting trap/magic and effect monsters. PSV has Jinzo, need i say more? And MRD has well it has some of the essential monster cards. Witch of the Black Forest, Sangan, Magican of Faith, etc.
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]Well if you want ultra-rare powerful monsters and extremely weak common monsters than LOB(Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon) is for you!

If you need lots of fusions and a monster that takes like a bijillion years to get out than MRD(Metal Raiders) is for you!

If you want alot of magic and ritual cards than MRL(Magic Ruler) is for you!

If you want lotsa traps and high powered monsters than PSV(Phaorohs Servant) is for you!

If you want the best cards get LON(Labirintyh of Nightmare) Period.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
Psyco, Metal raiders does have several nice monsters... Dark Elf, the Direct Hitters, Seven-Colored Fish, Labyrinth Wall, Jirai Gumo, Tremendous Fire, and those are commons.

Rares and up are some of the best Duel Monster cards period. Magician of Faith, Mirror Force, Heavy Storm, Witch of the Black Forest, Sangan, Barrel Dragon, Tribute to the Doomed, Robbin Goblin, Magic Jammer...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...