OtakuBoards

Forbidden/Limited List - Updated for LoN

Jeebs

I just went to Upperdeck's website and saw the new Forbidden/Limited list.
------------------------

[U][B]I. Forbidden Cards[/B][/U]

You CANNOT use any of the following cards in the Deck or Side Deck:

No restrictions, to be announced.

[U][B]II. Limited Cards[/B][/U]

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Exodia the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Pot of Greed
Change of Heart
Dark Hole
Raigeki
Monster Reborn
Mirror Force
Delinquent Duo
Confiscation
Painful Choice
The Forceful Sentry
Snatch Steal
Cyber Jar
Upstart Goblin
Swords of Revealing Light
Card Destruction
Witch of the Black Forest
Imperial Order
Jinzo
Ceasefire
Premature Burial
Call Of The Haunted
Morphing Jar
Limiter Removal
Sangan
Magic Cylinder
United We Stand
Mage Power

[U][B]III. Semi-Limited Cards[/B][/U]

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Heavy Storm
Nobleman of Crossout
Backup Soldier
Morphing Jar #2

-----------------------------------------
I can't wait to see the look on my friend's face when he finds out that Magic Cylinder is limited to 1, because he just traded a lot of cards to get a third one. Maybe he'll trade one to me now.

Well, Jar of Greed isn't either, and that's not a surprise. Gracefull charity is surprising... Maybe they are waiting for the promos?

I'm really annoyed Sangan is already restricted. It was only restricted recently in japanese... I really am wondering whether they are planning to release a lot of promos in Legacy of Darkness, making Sangan dangerous...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]I'm surprised Torrential Tribute isn't in the limited list. And Graceful Charity. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]I am surprised too, everyone would've too.[/b][/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by God of Death [/i]
[B]I don't think so but i am supriesd they did not restrict Penguin solider he is so good [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]No not really, he isn't too good to be restricted.[/b][/size][/color]

im going to sound like a broken record here but, i really do start to think what would happen to your decks if they decided that you should only be allowed one of each monster in your deck, youd all be worried!!. try dueling with honour and faith and trust..its character building and improoves your skill level...instead of thinking "oh no my wingweaver has been destroyed and ive used monster rebourne oh wait ill wait for my next one" try "hmm, could mean a change of plan, but thats kool"..
and with that im done, and if my dear sister is any where, im sure she would agree!

There waiting for some reason for graceful chairty to become semi.
Scapegoat will not become limted.
The reason Torrential tribute is not limted is because of Jinzo, and the other reason is because sven tools now comes in a deck.
Jar of greed didn't become lited because if you think about its just somthing to add so you'll have fourty cards.
sagan became limted to one because now there are a lot of really game altering monsters with the attack under 1500.

Most of the most useful effect monsters (i.e. Magician of Faith, Man-Eater Bug, Mask of Darkness) are all under 1500 ATK. As well as Retrained Elven Swordsman (in the Yugi Structure Deck), and he can't be destroyed by monsters over an ATK of 1900. So power him up enough and you can't get rid of him. Nasty.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the feeling they haven't restricted cards like Graceful Charity and Penguin Soldier because the current restricted list if for LON, NOT the starter decks. They need time for them to circulate.

Same with the New promos. I smell "Limit 1 Per Deck" all over Harpy's Feather Duster and Sinister Serpent.

Whaaazis? I thought the Sinister Serpent effect returned it to your hand during your standby phase if it's in your graveyard. It'd be restricted because of it's sheer usage: Blocking attacks, Tributing, Discarding for Tribute of the Doomed/Magic Jammer/Graceful Charity, Share the Pain, Cannon Soldier, and generally annoying the opponent...

EDIT: The "Bubonic Vermin" Card lets you search for another copy of it when flipped. Is that what you meant?

• 2 weeks later...
I just went to Upperdeck. They updated the list again.

I. Forbidden Cards

You CANNOT use any of the following cards in the Deck or Side Deck:

No restrictions, to be announced.

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Exodia the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Pot of Greed
Change of Heart
Dark Hole
Raigeki
Monster Reborn
Mirror Force
Delinquent Duo
Confiscation
Painful Choice
The Forceful Sentry
Snatch Steal
Cyber Jar
Upstart Goblin
Swords of Revealing Light
Card Destruction
Witch of the Black Forest
Imperial Order
Jinzo
Ceasefire
Premature Burial
Call Of The Haunted
Morphing Jar
Limiter Removal
Sangan
Magic Cylinder
United We Stand
Mage Power
Heavy Storm
Harpie's Feather Duster
Sinister Serpent

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Nobleman of Crossout
Backup Soldier
Morphing Jar #2
Graceful Charity

• 2 weeks later...
Still no Torrential Tribute in restricted. Ah well. I guess it's because it's activated when your opponent summons a monster as opposed to any time- when activating it you wouldn't be getting rid of that many monsters, I suppose.

I'm a little surprised that Tribute to the Doomed isn't restricted, but meh.

[quote]Still no Torrential Tribute in restricted. Ah well. I guess it's because it's activated when your opponent summons a monster as opposed to any time- when activating it you wouldn't be getting rid of that many monsters, I suppose.

I'm a little surprised that Tribute to the Doomed isn't restricted, but meh.[/quote] It's really just the difference between concept and application. While Torrential tribute seems like a trap version of dark hole, it really isn't. The two problems are: it needs to be set for one turn, and it needs a monster to be summoned. Suppose your opponent is obliterating you with an SS and another monster, and you draw TT. Unless you summon a monster and then activate TT, there's not much you can do, and you'd have to wait one turn anyway. You also have to hope that your opponent doesn't destroy TT for that one turn, and that's all-too common nowadays with the abundance of MST's. Lastly, keep in mind that most players are capable of more than one summon per turn, so if you pull TT too early, you've just left yourself open. TT, contrary to popular belief, is a far cry from Dark Hole...

Tribute to the Doomed will never be restricted. Why? Simply because of the discarding cost. Limiting your hand limits your options, and therefore three TotD's would just be suicide. As versatile as it is, it requires you to lose another card. Two cards for one of your opponent's cards... This adds up as the game progresses. [quote]If TTTD was restricted, so would Magic Jammer and Offerings. They all involve discarding cards or skipping draw phases.[/quote] The same goes for MJ and Offering. The cost of MJ and the consequence of offering may not bear its teeth when you use them, but they will bite you in the rear later. Funny, I don't have any of these cards in my deck. I used to have MJ, but discarding hurts too much. :blackeye:

Guest pharaohyami5000
Staple cards are mostly cards that can fit into any deck. Staples may be mass monster, magic and trap removals with little or no side effect, cards that can be returned to your hand every turn, like Sinister Serpent which returns to your hand during your next Standby Phase.