OtakuBoards

The Spriting Forum

Dragonballzman

Someone really needs to put a sticky up with the basics on spriting. I'm getting sick of seeing "whats a sprite and how do I make one" topics. Same with people using JPGs then wondering why their sprite is now all blurred and the colours have been screwed.

I'm not asking for a topic that has everything you need to know about spriting. People can work that out for themselves, but it seems most of them can't get past the basics, which is causing a problem. Maybe you could put Alexanders spriting guides in there too, but lock it to make sure it doesn't get filled with spam like his old "Spriting Guides" topic did.

Just a simple thing like this could dramatically reduce the amount of topics asking how to sprite, and it could also stop alot of spriters' hard work being ruined because they don't know what file format to use.

I was recently directed to that forum by someone and noticed that it's a bit of a problem, as well. So, I wouldn't have a problem putting something like that up. You're one of the better posters there, so feel free to private message me exactly what you have in mind and I'll commit it to a sticky thread.

Certainly. I would love to help the forums with my tutorials. I think I'll work on a special one to deal with the absolute spriting basics right away. Not how to make them, but the other important stuff. Like .gifs, good programs, where to get started, etc.

Heh. Eheh. First Adam, now this. I *really* need to get my butt in gear, I guess.

EDIT: Finished the Starters tutorial. ^_^