OtakuBoards

Voice Actors...

Kent

Ok, this is now the official thread for the voice acting and translations of cowboy bebop.

The actors, the wording/translations, the voice tones and anything else that has to do with the voice acting in cb.

I want to start this with one very specific point...

The man who plays jet.

I have asked a dozen times before, but has anyone else caught this...

He does the narrations of other shows, specifically "Dangerous Missions" on the history channel.

Im sure it is him, and I just love the fact that I instantly noticed it.

So... has anyone else noticed?

Also, if you haven't, feel free to talk about what ever else you might want to, just keep it on the subject of the thread.

Thanks.:D

I believe the man that does Jet's voice also does the voice of one of the early villians on Rurouni Kenshin. He was the big guy that wanted revenge on the Kamiya Kasshin school and even sent Sano (sp?) after Kenshin.

Also, I believe the leader of the Jinpu Squad in Rurouni Kenshin was the same man that does Spike's voice.

[QUOTE][b]In some scenes you might hear the similarities...but I don't believe it. [/B][/QUOTE]

You do realize that there is a good chance that the voice actor can change the way a character sounds, right?

For instance, the voice actor for Piccolo also does the voice of Wolverine in X-Men: Evolution, but the two still sound slightly different.

Guest Kumomaru
Yea I notisied that about Jet Black.
Also did you know that Spike Spiegels voice is also solid snakes!
And you know that black guy who does the Big Shot programe he is also the guy at the airport with his mam!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kumomaru [/i]
[B]And you know that black guy who does the Big Shot programe he is also the guy at the airport with his mam! [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, yeah, but above being the same voice actor, it was also the same character. Different circumstances, since the creators intentially had him be in that part with him mom.

I didn't notice Spike and Solid Snake. I'll have to look into that...

Guest =mason avenue=
Spike's voice actor played Al's father on Gundam 0080, I'm pretty sure. And Faye's was on Rurouni Kenshin (the episode with the canon girl? I think...). ^.^; It's nifty... you just turn on a random show and say, "Hey, I know that voice!" ... oo;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by =mason avenue= [/i]
[B]It's nifty... you just turn on a random show and say, "Hey, I know that voice!" ... oo; [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, up until the point where you spend ten minutes trying to remember where you have heard the voice. I do that every time and end up missing half the plot. :cussing: :P

I made a thread in Outlaw Star a while back that talked about the person who did Faye's voice. I originally brought up the topic since I recognized her voice in that one assasin main character girl, can't remember her name though. Aparently, the person who does the voice for Faye has done voices in a ton of other animes as well, even ones that seem to have been released at the same time.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]I made a thread in Outlaw Star a while back that talked about the person who did Faye's voice. I originally brought up the topic since I recognized her voice in that one assasin main character girl, can't remember her name though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you talking about one of the "Anten Seven" assassins? If so, could it have been the one that was a Ctarl-Ctarl dressed as a human during the Strongwoman tourney?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I think he is refering to Lady Sazuka...now that I think about it their voices are similar...I tried to compare credits from the DVD Sets today, but the voice actors aren't listed, I'll check the DVD's tomorrow (this is really bothering me...)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Wendee Lee is a very popular anime voice-over artist. She has done Faye (Bebop), Twilight Suzuka (Outlaw Star), TK (Digimon), a huge list of others.

-Shy[/size]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I knew it!! I knew there was [i]something[/i] similar about Faye and Suzuka- just couldn't figure out what. x.x;

I'm glad two of my favorite anime characters have the same voice actor. I think Wendee Lee does a great job with setting their personalities through her voice.

Anyway, I like both subs and dubs equally. In the sub, Faye's voice is a little whinier/funnier, but she seems alot cooler in the dubs. Spike sounds a little more friendly and outgoing in the dubs, but alot more serious in the subs.[/color] [/size]