OtakuBoards

Tiny Sugar Fairy Snow...

Alexa

[SIZE=3]Has anyone heard of an Anime called Tiny Fairy Sugar Snow? It's a really kawaii anime, and I was wondering if anyone knew of where I could watch it? I mean, does anyone know of videos or DVDs or TV schedules and channels of where I could watch TSFS? I've looked everywhere, and there is no info on where to watch it, though I know its an anime series.[/SIZE] :bluesweat:

[color=hotpink][size=1]I believe I saw it advertised in NewType, but I have no idea if its even out in America or anything. I thought it was the cutest thing, though! If I found out anything, I'll be sure to let you know. ^_^[/color][/size]

Actually, the first DVD of Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar has already been released by Pioneer under the title "Sugar: Sweet Mischief". The second DVD will be released tentatively on June 10. I'm not sure what stores you could buy it from, though.

• 1 year later...
I remember seeing something about this show when it first came out, but sort of assumed it would be another series with an overabundance of forced "kawaii" and no real plot.

For one reason or another, I got the first DVD (all six are out now, along with the Summer Special on a cheaper separate disc), and I love it. Sugar is light, funny, fluffy and stunningly, genuinely sweet. What surprised me even more were its exceptional animation, background artwork and overall production values. It just looks really smooth and great, which allowed me to immerse myself in the world of the series without questioning all of the cuteness.

The dub seems to be pretty acceptable as well, aside from one or two awkward lines on Saga's part (who otherwise sounds fine). I think I may end up watching it in English because Sugar's English actress uses a lower, less squeaky, more adorable--in my opinion, at least--kind of voice. I like Sugar a lot and look forward to seeing the rest; I mentioned not having a reason to buy it, but actually my main motivation was that I needed something cheerful to watch before diving into the fourth volume of Saikano. Sugar did a wonderful job of brightening my mood.

~Dagger~