Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#808080]I just thought I'd post it here officially; theOtaku.com/dothack is looking for writers.

I've already had a couple of people express interest, but I'm looking for people who can begin submitting work very soon.

All I require is that you have an understanding of the series and that your English is accomplished. The fastest way to be approved is to email me at: [email]James@theOtaku.com[/email] with some sort of writing sample.

[/color]
Posted
I might be able to but Im not sure because I need to know how often I have to write. Because I usually get alot of homework each night.
Posted
I can do it! I can start now if I had to. I don't have any more homework since school is almost out. I'm here evey day, I don't have anything else to do, so I can do any topic on dothack, I own the game,the DvDs, and I never miss the show!But befor I rush into it, like I always do, what do I have to do?I know dothack but will I get one topic about it to write about?,or...you know what I'm saying right?
Posted
[color=#808080]You will be writing a variety of things, including episode summaries, opinion articles, fact sheets, etc...[/color]
Posted
[color=#808080][i]If[/i] you get hired, you'll write whenever you are available. Ideally, once a week or something.[/color]
Posted
Wow sounds fun to me.I'm up for it to!
*sing'n "If Your Happy And You Know It"*La La...
Do you want me to pm you sample of my
writing sample...still?And if so what about?
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[color=#335062]Okay, I'm bumping this up and making it sticky.

I am in need of contributors. Let me give you a list of details.

[b]Requirements[/b]

You'll need to submit an email application to [email]James@theOtaku.com[/email] and in it, you will need to include some sort of writing sample (it can even be an RPG post of yours at OtakuBoards). The sample can be about anything and it can be of any length (but not too long, please). The aim is simply to demonstrate your English skills.

And that's another point; English skills. They have to be very, very good. They need to match (or come close to) the quality that the site currently maintains.

[b]Work Requirements[/b]

The contributor will be writing various articles, including episode summaries, general articles (such as analysis pieces) and other articles (like character profiles, environment descriptions and stuff like that -- some of it will be short fact finding, etc).

I would expect the contributor to submit around one article per week. Maybe more if the articles are small.

And that's about it. If there are any further questions, please use the thread here.[/color]
Posted
I would be intersted in writing articles. Only problem is that I might not be available to write every week. Don't know if you would be interested. Let me know.
Posted
James, the fact that you are sticky-ing this thread and restating what you need to do: does that mean anyone who sent you an application/writing sample didn't fit the bill? Also, if that's true, can those persons send you another writing sample? Thanks.
Posted
[color=#335062]Well, I've approved a couple of people, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I still have to check through my mail messages, which I'll probably do tomorrow (you wouldn't believe how much crap I receive...blah). So yeah, hopefully I can get on top of it when I've got the time.[/color]
Posted
You don't have to this question if the answer's "yes" until the time comes, but could you please close this thread and inform us when you have finished looking for contributors? Obviously, you are going to that, but I just want to remind you to do so the minute you are done, so that those of us who didn't make the cut can stop hoping! :D
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TokyoAce
Posted
Is Tsukasa in love with Mimiru? :P
  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...